Whiplash is a neck injury caused by the sudden, forceful movements that jar your cervical spine out of alignment and is most commonly caused by car accidents. These neck injuries can have a lasting effect on your health and mobility, leading to chronic pain, increased medical expenses, and pain and suffering related to the recovery.
Whiplash injuries can be very traumatic and cause long-term pain. It is important to have someone on your side who understands the law and can help you get through this difficult time. Contact the experienced personal injury lawyers with Chaikin, Sherman, Cammarata & Siegel, P.C. today.
Common Symptoms of Whiplash
Symptoms of whiplash don’t always manifest immediately following an accident, and it’s not uncommon for victims to go days without noticing the signs of a neck strain injury.
Here are some symptoms to look out for if you’ve been in an auto accident:
- Pain in neck muscles and stiffness
- Worsening of pain with neck movement
- Loss of range of motion in the neck
- Headaches, most often starting at the base of the skull
- Tenderness or pain in the shoulder, upper back, or arms
- Tingling or numbness in the arms
If you have been in a car accident and are experiencing any of the above symptoms, you should seek medical treatment as soon as possible. Your doctor will be able to diagnose the cause of your pain and prescribe an appropriate treatment plan.
How Long Can it Take for a Whiplash Injury to Show Up?
Most people start to experience whiplash symptoms within 24 hours of a car accident. However, a condition known as late whiplash syndrome is characterized by symptoms that develop months, or even years, after the initial accident.
Why Is Whiplash Pain Often Delayed?
Whiplash symptoms are often delayed because the initial injury may not be severe enough to cause pain. The ligaments and muscles in the neck can stretch and tear without causing any discomfort. It is only when these tissues start to heal that you begin to feel pain.
How Long Does it Take to Recover From Whiplash Injuries?
Most people start to feel better within a few weeks of the car accident, and most people fully recover within a month. However, studies have shown that some cases can still have neck pain after a year or longer.
Should I Hire an Auto Accident Lawyer for Delayed Whiplash?
If you are experiencing delayed whiplash or neck pain after a car accident, you should seek legal advice as soon as possible, as you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries.
An auto accident attorney can help you file a claim and negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf. If the insurance company does not offer a fair settlement, the personal injury lawyer can file a lawsuit on your behalf.
What Chaikin, Sherman, Cammarata & Siegel, P.C. Can Do For You
The Washington, D.C. car accident lawyers with Chaikin, Sherman, Cammarata & Siegel, P.C. have a proven track record of success helping clients obtain the maximum compensation possible for injuries they have suffered due to the negligence of others. Our firm has consistently demonstrated we have the expertise needed to help our clients see that justice is served. We have the resources needed to conduct thorough investigations of all the circumstances contributing to a motor vehicle accident, gathering the evidence to establish liability and negligence.
Chaikin, Sherman, Cammarata & Siegel, P.C. has achieved more than $500 million in verdicts and settlements, and our attorneys have more than a century of combined legal experience. Two of our partners are certified by the National Board of Trial Advocacy. Our firm has also earned the highest AV® Rating from Martindale-Hubbell®, one of the most respected attorney-ranking service organizations in the United States. Chaikin, Sherman, Cammarata & Siegel, P.C. attorneys work passionately on behalf of our clients to help them secure fair compensation – there is no type of case that is too complex for us to litigate.
Determining the Value of Your Case
Many factors go into determining the value of your case. These include medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. Our attorneys have experience evaluating cases just like yours to determine what they may be worth and will work hard to get you fair compensation for your injuries.
Here are a few of our case results:
- $6 million for a client who suffered a brain injury after being involved in a rear-end collision.
- $4.8 million for a severely injured client after another vehicle struck his motorcycle.
- $1.9 million for a client who suffered a permanent back injury due to a car accident.
- $1.5 million for a client who had to undergo multiple surgeries after a negligent motorist cut off his motorcycle.
- $1 million settlement obtained on behalf of our 19-year-old client who was a passenger in a car in which the driver lost control, causing a collision. As a result, our client suffered extensive brain damage with cognitive impairment. He was in a coma for an extended period of time. Although he has regained consciousness, he is unable to care for himself. The law firm asked the Court to appoint him a guardian to care for him. The law firm is helping to establish a special needs trust so that the proceeds from the settlement will be protected against any medical liens.
- $1 million settlement on behalf of a client that suffered a brain injury when the driver of the car in which he was a passenger lost control of his vehicle.
Contact an Accident Lawyer Today
If you are looking for the highest level representation available for your personal injury case, turn to Chaikin, Sherman, Cammarata & Siegel, P.C. Our firm has helped clients recover more than $500 million in compensation, and we have more than 100 years of combined experience. All of our partners are recognized by Washington, D.C. Super Lawyers®, and our firm includes three past presidents of the Trial Lawyers Association of Metropolitan Washington, D.C. We work to help our clients obtain fair settlement offers to compensate them for the injuries they’ve suffered, but our attorneys are extremely well-equipped to go to trial if needed. Call (202) 659-8600 or contact us online to get the proven legal representation you deserve.