Car Accident Attorney in Woodbridge VA
If you are a car accident victim, it is important to contact a Woodbridge, VA car accident attorney as soon as possible. A qualified attorney can help you get the compensation you deserve for your injuries.
If you are injured in an accident due to the other driver’s actions, you may be entitled to compensation for your damages. At Chaikin, Sherman, Cammarata & Siegel, P.C., we have years of experience helping people just like you get the money they need to move on with their lives.
We are committed to providing our clients with the highest level of service and will work tirelessly to get you the best possible outcome in your case. Contact Chaikin, Sherman, Cammarata & Siegel, P.C. today for a free consultation.
Steps to Take After a Car Accident
If you have been injured in a car accident in Woodbridge, VA, you should:
- Get to Safety – You should first try to get yourself and your passengers to safety. If possible, move your vehicle to the side of the road. If this is impossible, stay put and wait for help to arrive.
- Check You and Your Passengers for Injuries – Once you are safe, the next thing that you should do is to check for injuries. If anyone is injured, call 911 immediately.
- Collect Information and Gather Evidence – Exchange information with the other driver involved in the accident. This includes their insurance information, name, phone number, and license plate number. You should also take pictures of the damage to both vehicles and any injuries you or your passengers have sustained.
- File a Police Report – Once the police arrive at the scene, they will create an incident report. This report is important, as it can be used as evidence if you need to file a claim with your insurance company or take legal action against the other driver.
- Contact a Personal Injury Lawyer in Woodbridge, VA – After you have taken the above steps, the next thing that you should do is to contact a personal injury attorney. An attorney can help you navigate the legal process and get the compensation you deserve.
Why Should I Hire a Lawyer?
There are many benefits to hiring a lawyer after being involved in a car accident. A lawyer can:
- Help you gather evidence – An experienced lawyer will know what evidence is needed to prove your case. They will also have the resources to help you collect this evidence.
- Protect your rights – Insurance companies and the other driver’s lawyers will look out for their interests, not yours. A lawyer will ensure that your rights are protected and that you get the best possible outcome.
- Handle the paperwork – Dealing with insurance companies and the legal system can be complicated and time-consuming. A lawyer will handle all of this for you to focus on recovering from your injuries.
- Get you the best possible outcome – When you seek legal advice from an experienced lawyer, they will know how to get maximum compensation for your injuries. They will fight for your rights and ensure that you are taken care of.
If you or someone you know has been involved in a car accident, contact our office today to schedule a free consultation.
How Long You Have to File Your Car Accident Lawsuit in Virginia
The statute of limitations for car accidents in Virginia depends on the aspects of your accident. If you file an injury lawsuit, you typically have two years to file your case. This deadline begins from the accident date.
If you file a wrongful death lawsuit, you have two years to file your case. This deadline begins on the date of your loved one’s death.
It is important to note that you have a shorter deadline if you file a lawsuit against a government entity.
This is why contacting an experienced lawyer is important as soon as possible after your accident. They will be able to assess your case, inform you of any legal issues, and let you know what deadlines apply. If you do not file within the deadline, you will be unable to recover any compensation for your injuries.
What Types of Damages Can I Recover in My Claim?
If you are successful in your car accident claim, you may be able to recover damages for:
- Medical expenses – This includes any treatment you have received due to your injuries. This can consist of hospitalization, surgery, medication, and therapy.
- Lost wages – If you have been unable to work because of your injuries, you may be able to recover the wages that you have lost.
- Pain and suffering – This type of non-economic damage can be awarded to the physical and emotional pain you have suffered as a result of your accident.
Contact our office today if you would like to learn more about your financial recovery options.
What is My Car Accident Claim Worth?
The Woodbridge, VA car accident lawyers with Chaikin, Sherman, Cammarata & Siegel, P.C. have a proven track record of success in helping clients obtain the maximum compensation possible for injuries they have suffered due to the negligence of others.
Our legal team has consistently demonstrated we have the expertise needed to help our clients see that justice is served. We have the resources needed to conduct thorough investigations of all the circumstances contributing to a motor vehicle accident, gathering the evidence to establish negligence and other types of liability.
Chaikin, Sherman, Cammarata & Siegel, P.C. has obtained more than $500 million in verdicts and settlements, and our attorneys have more than a century of combined legal experience. Two of our partners are certified by the National Board of Trial Advocacy.
Our firm has also earned the highest AV® Rating from Martindale-Hubbell®, one of the most respected attorney-ranking service organizations in the United States. Chaikin, Sherman, Cammarata & Siegel, P.C. attorneys work passionately on behalf of our clients to help them secure fair compensation – there is no type of case that is too complex for us to litigate.
Here are a few of the settlements we’ve obtained for our clients:
- $6 million for a client who suffered a brain injury after being involved in a rear-end collision.
- $4.8 million for a severely injured client after another vehicle struck his motorcycle.
- $1.9 million for a client who suffered a permanent back injury due to a car accident.
- $1.5 million for a client who had to undergo multiple surgeries after a negligent motorist cut off his motorcycle.
- $1 million settlement was obtained on behalf of our 19-year-old client who was a passenger in a car in which the driver lost control, causing a collision. As a result, our client suffered extensive brain damage with cognitive impairment. He was in a coma for an extended period of time. Although he has regained consciousness, he is unable to care for himself. The law firm asked the Court to appoint him a guardian to care for him. The law firm is helping to establish a special needs trust so that the proceeds from the settlement will be protected against any medical liens.
- $1 million settlement on behalf of a client who suffered a brain injury when the driver of the car in which he was a passenger lost control of his vehicle.
Woodbridge, VA Car Accident Lawyers
If you are looking for the highest level of representation available for personal injury cases, turn to Chaikin, Sherman, Cammarata & Siegel, P.C. Our firm has helped clients recover more than $500 million in compensation, and we have more than 100 years of combined experience. All of our partners are recognized by Washington, D.C. Super Lawyers®, and our firm includes three past presidents of the Trial Lawyers Association of Metropolitan Washington, D.C.
We work to help our clients obtain fair settlement offers to compensate them for the injuries they’ve suffered, but our attorneys are extremely well-equipped to go to trial if needed. Call (202) 659-8600 or contact us online to get the proven legal representation you deserve.