If you have been injured in a car accident in Hyattsville, MD, you should contact a car accident lawyer as soon as possible. A lawyer will be able to help you get the compensation that you deserve for your injuries.
At Chaikin, Sherman, Cammarata & Siegel, P.C., we have experience representing clients who have been injured in car accidents. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation with one of our attorneys. We know what it takes to win these cases, and we will fight for you every step of the way.
Why Should I Hire a Car Accident Lawyer?
You should always hire a car accident lawyer to help you with your case. Here are some of the reasons why:
- If you try to handle your claim, the insurance company will likely lowball you and offer you a settlement much less than what your claim is worth. A car accident lawyer will know how to negotiate with the insurance company to get your claim’s full value.
- A car accident lawyer will be able to handle all of the paperwork and legalities involved in your case so that you can focus on your recovery.
- A car accident lawyer will have experience dealing with insurance companies and knows how to deal with their tactics.
- If you hire a car accident attorney, you will likely have more money in your pocket than if you try to handle your own case. Contact us today to learn more.
Common Causes of Car Accidents in Hyattsville
Many different factors can contribute to a car accident. In some cases, it may be due to another driver’s negligence. Other times, it may be due to road conditions or weather conditions. Regardless of the cause, if you have been injured in a car accident, you need to contact a car accident lawyer as soon as possible.
Some of the most common causes of auto accidents in Hyattsville include:
- Distracted driving: Distracted driving is one of the leading causes of auto accidents in Hyattsville. If a driver is not paying attention to the road, they may not see another vehicle or pedestrian, which can lead to an accident.
- Speeding: When a driver is speeding, they are more likely to lose control of their vehicle and cause an accident.
- Reckless driving: Reckless driving is another common cause of car accidents. This includes tailgating, weaving in and out of traffic, and running red lights.
- Driving under the influence: Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol is also a leading cause of car accidents. This is because it impairs a driver’s ability to operate a vehicle safely.
If you have been involved in a car accident, contact our law firm today to schedule a free consultation with one of our car accident attorneys. We will review your case and help you determine the best course of action.
Common Car Accident Injuries
Many different types of injuries can occur in a car accident. Some of the most common include:
- Whiplash is a common neck injury that occurs in car accidents. It is caused by the sudden jerking motion of the head, which can damage the neck muscles, ligaments, and nerves.
- Head injuries can range from minor cuts and bruises to more serious injuries, such as concussions or traumatic brain injury.
- Back injuries can range from minor sprains and strains to more severe injuries, such as herniated discs and spinal cord injuries.
If you or your loved one is a car accident victim, contact our law firm today to schedule a free consultation with one of our experienced car accident lawyers. We will review your case and help you determine the best course of action. Contact us today to get started.
Car Accident Lawyers in Hyattsville, Maryland
The Hyattsville, MD car accident lawyers with Chaikin, Sherman, Cammarata & Siegel, P.C. have a proven track record of helping clients obtain the maximum compensation possible for injuries they have suffered due to the negligence of others.
Our firm has consistently demonstrated the expertise needed to help our clients see that justice is served. We have the resources necessary to conduct thorough investigations of all the circumstances contributing to a motor vehicle accident, gathering the evidence to establish negligence and other types of liability.
Chaikin, Sherman, Cammarata & Siegel, P.C. has obtained more than $500 million in verdicts and settlements, and our attorneys have more than a century of combined legal experience. Two of our partners are certified by the National Board of Trial Advocacy. Our firm has also earned the highest AV® Rating from Martindale-Hubbell®, one of the most respected attorney-ranking service organizations in the United States. Chaikin, Sherman, Cammarata & Siegel, P.C. attorneys work passionately on behalf of our clients to help them secure fair compensation – no case is too complex for us to litigate.
Car Accident Claims in Hyattsville
If you have been involved in a car accident, you may wonder how to proceed with your claim. The first step is to contact a personal injury lawyer who can help you through the process. At our law firm, we have represented many clients who have been injured in car accidents. We know the ins and outs of these cases, and we will fight for you every step of the way.
The next step is to file an insurance claim with your insurance company. Your car accident lawyer will be able to help you through this process as well. Once your claim has been filed, your insurance company will investigate the accident and determine who was at fault. They will pay for your damages if they find that you were not at fault. If they find that you were at fault, they may deny your claim or only offer to pay a portion of your damages.
Personal Injury Lawsuits in Hyattsville, MD
If you have been injured in a car accident, you may be able to file a personal injury lawsuit against the at-fault driver. These lawsuits are designed to help victims recover damages for their injuries. To win a personal injury lawsuit, you will need to prove that the other driver was at fault for the accident and that your injuries resulted from the accident. If you are successful in your lawsuit, you may be able to recover damages for your medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
At our law firm, we have experience handling personal injury lawsuits. We will work tirelessly to build a strong case on your behalf. We will gather evidence, interview witnesses, and do whatever it takes to help you get the compensation you deserve.
Factors That Impact Your Claim
Many factors can impact the amount of damages you are entitled to receive in a car accident claim. The severity of your injuries, the cost of your medical bills, and the amount of lost wages will all be considered when determining the value of your claim. Your car accident lawyer will be able to help you understand these factors and how they will impact your case.
The statute of limitations is another important factor to consider. In Maryland, you must file a car accident claim three years from the accident date. You may be barred from recovery if you do not file your claim within this time frame. This is why it is essential to contact a car accident lawyer immediately after your accident.
How Much Is My Car Crash Claim Worth
It is impossible to tell you how much your case is worth, when it first happens, because you don’t know how serious the injury is, or how long you will suffer from that injury. We also don’t know what your medical bills will be, or how much time you will miss from work, or if your injuries will be permanent. With that said, here is a small sample of some of our successful verdicts and settlements:
- $6 million for a client who suffered a brain injury after being involved in a rear-end collision.
- $4.8 million for a severely injured client after another vehicle struck his motorcycle.
- $1.9 million for a client who suffered a permanent back injury due to a car accident.
- $1.5 million for a client who had to undergo multiple surgeries after a negligent motorist cut off his motorcycle.
- $1 million settlement was obtained on behalf of our 19-year-old client who was a passenger in a car in which the driver lost control, causing a collision. As a result, our client suffered extensive brain damage with cognitive impairment. He was in a coma for an extended period. Although he has regained consciousness, he is unable to care for himself. The law firm asked the Court to appoint a guardian to care for him. The law firm is helping to establish a special needs trust so that the proceeds from the settlement will be protected against any medical liens.
- $1 million settlement on behalf of a client who suffered a brain injury when the driver of the car in which he was a passenger lost control of his vehicle.
Contact a Car Accident Lawyer Hyattsville Trusts
If you are looking for the highest level of representation available for your personal injury case, turn to Chaikin, Sherman, Cammarata & Siegel, P.C. Our firm has helped clients recover more than $500 million in compensation, and we have more than 100 years of combined experience. All of our partners are recognized by Washington, D.C. Super Lawyers®, and our firm includes three past presidents of the Trial Lawyers Association of Metropolitan Washington, D.C.
We work to help our clients obtain fair settlement offers to compensate them for the injuries they’ve suffered, but our attorneys are extremely well-equipped to go to trial if needed. Call (202) 659-8600 or contact us online to get the proven legal representation you deserve.