Whiplash is a neck injury caused when the head is quickly moved back and forth. This can happen from being in a car accident, getting hit in the head, or diving into the water. Many people who suffer from whiplash also experience headaches.
If you or a loved one are experiencing a whiplash headache due to an auto accident, you may be entitled to compensation. Contact an experienced personal injury lawyer with Chaikin, Sherman, Cammarata & Siegel, P.C. today for what steps to take next and whether or not you have the right to file a personal injury claim.
Many car accident victims who experience whiplash develop a chronic headache, also known as a cerviogenic headache. The sudden back-and-forth movement of whiplash can injure the cervical facet joints. This causes inflammation and irritation of the brain and spinal cord nerves.
Symptoms of Whiplash Headaches
The symptoms of a cervicogenic headache can vary but may include:
- Neck pain
- Tenderness or pain in the neck muscles
- Stiffness in the neck
- Blurred vision
- Reduced flexibility of the neck
- Pain along the shoulder and arm on the same side
Treatment Options for Cervicogenic Headaches
There are several treatment options for cervicogenic headaches:
- Medications – Medications can be used to help relieve pain, inflammation, and muscle spasms.
- Chiropractic Care – Chiropractic care can help realign the spine and reduce pressure on the nerves in the neck.
- Physical Therapy – Physical therapy can help to stretch and strengthen the neck muscles.
- Nerve ablation procedures – Nerve ablation procedures destroy the nerves that carry pain signals from the neck to the head.
- Injections – Your doctor may use a cervical epidural steroid injection if they believe an intervertebral disc injury contributes to pain.
Can I Sue for a Headache Related to a Whiplash Injury?
You may be able to sue for a whiplash injury if the accident that caused your injury was someone else’s fault.
To determine whether you have a case, it is important to speak with an experienced car accident lawyer who can review the facts of your situation and advise you on your best course of action. If you decide to file a lawsuit, your attorney will help you gather evidence to support your claim and negotiate with the other driver’s insurance company for fair compensation.
What Chaikin, Sherman, Cammarata & Siegel, P.C. Can Do For You
The Washington, D.C. car accident lawyers at Chaikin, Sherman, Cammarata & Siegel, P.C. have a proven track record of success helping clients obtain the maximum compensation possible for injuries they have suffered due to the negligence of others. Our firm has consistently demonstrated we have the expertise needed to help our clients see that justice is served. We have the resources needed to conduct thorough investigations of all the circumstances contributing to a motor vehicle accident, gathering the evidence to establish liability and negligence.
Chaikin, Sherman, Cammarata & Siegel, P.C. has achieved more than $500 million in verdicts and settlements, and our attorneys have more than a century of combined legal experience. Two of our partners are certified by the National Board of Trial Advocacy. Our firm has also earned the highest AV® Rating from Martindale-Hubbell®, one of the most respected attorney-ranking service organizations in the United States. Chaikin, Sherman, Cammarata & Siegel, P.C. attorneys work passionately on behalf of our clients to help them secure fair compensation – there is no type of case that is too complex for us to litigate.
Recovering Damages for Whiplash Injuries
Many factors go into determining the value of your case. These include medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. Our attorneys have experience evaluating cases just like yours to determine what they may be worth and will work hard to get you fair compensation for your injuries.
We Get You Results
Here are a few of our case results:
- $6 million for a client who suffered a brain injury after being involved in a rear-end collision.
- $4.8 million for a severely injured client after another vehicle struck his motorcycle.
- $1.9 million for a client who suffered a permanent back injury due to a car accident.
- $1.5 million for a client who had to undergo multiple surgeries after a negligent motorist cut off his motorcycle.
- $1 million settlement obtained on behalf of our 19-year-old client who was a passenger in a car in which the driver lost control, causing a collision. As a result, our client suffered extensive brain damage with cognitive impairment. He was in a coma for an extended period of time. Although he has regained consciousness, he is unable to care for himself. The law firm asked the Court to appoint him a guardian to care for him. The law firm is helping to establish a special needs trust so that the proceeds from the settlement will be protected against any medical liens.
- $1 million settlement on behalf of a client who suffered a brain injury when the driver of the car in which he was a passenger lost control of his vehicle.
Contact an Accident Lawyer Today
If you are looking for the highest level representation available for your personal injury case, turn to Chaikin, Sherman, Cammarata & Siegel, P.C. Our firm has helped clients recover more than $500 million in compensation, and we have more than 100 years of combined experience. All of our partners are recognized by Washington, D.C. Super Lawyers®, and our firm includes three past presidents of the Trial Lawyers Association of Metropolitan Washington, D.C.
We work to help our clients obtain fair settlement offers to compensate them for the injuries they’ve suffered, but our attorneys are extremely well-equipped to go to trial if needed. Call (202) 659-8600 or contact us online to get the proven legal representation you deserve.