Car Accident Attorney Fairfax, VA
If you are a car accident victim, contact a Fairfax car accident attorney immediately. A qualified car accident attorney can help you get the compensation you deserve for your injuries.
At Chaikin, Sherman, Cammarata & Siegel, P.C., we have years of experience helping people like you get the money they need to move on with their lives. We are committed to providing our clients with the highest level of service and will work tirelessly to get you the best possible outcome in your case. Contact us for a free consultation today and pursue the justice you deserve.
What Should I Do After a Car Accident?
If you were in a Fairfax car accident, there are several things you should do to protect yourself and your legal rights.
- Seek medical treatment for your injuries.
- Call the police and request to file a report.
- Contact your insurance company.
- Contact the Fairfax car accident attorneys with Chaikin, Sherman, Cammarata & Siegel, P.C. to file a claim.
- Gather evidence at the scene of the accident and keep track of all expenses related to your car accident injury.
How Can a Car Accident Attorney Help?
Having a car accident attorney on your side can be invaluable in the wake of a car accident. Experienced Fairfax, VA, car accident lawyers understand how to navigate the legal system and maximize your chances of obtaining fair compensation for your injuries. An experienced car accident lawyer can:
1. Investigating the accident: A car accident attorney can investigate the facts of your case and determine who was at fault for the crash.
2. Identifying all liable parties: A car accident lawyer will be able to identify if other parties may have contributed to your injuries, such as a negligent driver or a manufacturer of defective parts.
3. Gathering evidence: Your Fairfax car accident lawyer can gather evidence from police reports, witness statements, photos of the scene, medical records, and any other relevant documents in order to build a strong case on your behalf.
4. Negotiating with insurance companies: An experienced attorney knows how insurance companies operate and can negotiate with them to get you the best possible outcome for your claim.
5. Representing you in court: In some cases, it may be necessary for an attorney to represent you in court against an insurance company or another driver involved in the crash to ensure that you get fair compensation for your injuries or losses suffered due to someone else’s negligence or wrongdoing.
6 Filing appeals: If needed, the attorneys at Chaikin Sherman Cammarata & Siegel P.C. can assist by filing appeals after a denial from an insurer or a court ruling.
Contact Us Today for a Free Consultation
If you have been involved in an accident, take action as soon as possible. Our experienced Fairfax car accident attorneys are here to help you with your claim and get the compensation you deserve. Contact us today for a free consultation.
How Does a Car Accident Lawsuit Work?
When you file a car accident case, the wrongdoer will be named a “defendant.” This is the party that is allegedly responsible for your injuries. The defendant will then be allowed to respond to your allegations. If they admit liability, and the parties can agree on a fair compensation for your injuries, then they will negotiate a settlement. If they deny responsibility, the case may go to trial. However, even if they deny responsibility, the parties may agree to a compromise, and the case can still be settled.
Statute of Limitations in Virginia
A statute of limitations is the amount of time that you have to file a claim. For example, in Virginia, the statute of limitations for car accident cases is usually two years. However, the time frame can vary depending on the specifics of your case.
How Long Does it Take to File Car Accident Claims in Fairfax, VA?
We can file your claim right away. How long it will take to get resolved will vary depending on the specifics of your case. Contact Chaikin, Sherman, Cammarata & Siegel, P.C. today for more information on how we can help you get started on your claim.
Possible Damages Available For Car Accidents in Fairfax, VA
There are a number of damages that may be available in a car accident case, including:
- Economic damages can be easily quantified, including medical expenses, lost wages, and property damage.
- Non-economic damages cannot be easily quantified, such as pain and suffering, mental anguish, and disability or disfigurement.
- Punitive damages are awarded to punish the defendant for their actions. They are not available in every case.
What is The Value of My Car Accident Case?
- The severity of your injuries.
- The damages that you have sustained.
- The amount of medical bills that you have incurred.
- Lost wages and income.
Contact the car accident lawyers with Chaikin, Sherman, Cammarata & Siegel, P.C. today for more information on how we can help you get the financial compensation you deserve.
Is Virginia an At-Fault State?
Virginia is an at-fault state, which means that the party responsible for the accident is liable for damages. This includes both economic and non-economic damages.
Contributory Negligence in Virginia
In Virginia, contributory negligence is a defense that the defendant can use to reduce or eliminate their liability. This means that if you are found to be partially at fault for the accident, you will not be able to recover any damages.
How To Prove Negligence in Fairfax Car Accidents
To prove negligence in motor vehicle accidents, you must show that the defendant failed to meet their duty of care. This can be done by showing that they were driving negligently, recklessly, distracted, or under the influence at the time of the accident.
You can prove this with the following:
- Witness Testimonies – Witnesses can provide testimony about what they saw leading up to and during the automobile accident.
- Police Reports – When the police arrive at the car accident scene, they will file a police report that documents the accident investigation findings.
- Photographs – Take as many pictures of the car accident as you can. This helps establish what happened and who was responsible.
- Video footage – If there was video footage of the car accident, it could be used as evidence to support your case.
What If My Insurance Claim Is Denied?
If the insurance company denies your auto accident claim, you may need to file a lawsuit to get compensation for your injuries. Contact a Fairfax car accident attorney at Chaikin, Sherman, Cammarata & Siegel, P.C. today for more information on how we can help you get started on your case.
What if The Other Driver Doesn’t Have Insurance?
If the other driver doesn’t have insurance, you may still be able to file a claim if you have uninsured motorist coverage on your automobile insurance policy.
Can I File a Car Accident Claim Without an Attorney?
You can file a car accident claim without a lawyer, but it is not recommended. A car accident attorney can help you negotiate a settlement with the defendant’s insurance company and file a lawsuit if necessary.
Common Causes of Car Accidents in Fairfax VA
The most common cause of auto accidents is a negligent driver. A negligent driver is someone who fails to exercise the care that a reasonable person would under the same circumstances. This can include failing to yield the right of way, running a red light, or driving while distracted. Other common causes of auto accidents include:
Most Common Car Accident Injuries in Fairfax County VA
Some of the most common types of injuries that occur in motor vehicle accidents include:
When the neck is suddenly jerked backward and then forwards, this is considered whiplash. It is often a result of being hit from behind. Whiplash can cause severe pain and stiffness in the neck and may require treatment such as physical therapy.
Traumatic Brain Injuries
Traumatic Brain Injuries are caused when a significant force is exerted on the brain. It can be caused by your head being thrown back and forth by substantial force, such as a rear-end collision. As a result of such power, your brain can strike the inside of your skull, causing a brain injury. To suffer a traumatic brain injury, you do not have to hit your head on something hard, such as the dashboard or the window.
Common symptoms of a traumatic brain injury, such as a concussion, include headaches, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, fatigue, eye problems, and cognitive problems, such as memory problems and difficulty concentrating and focusing. It can also cause changes in mood or behavior.
Spinal Cord Injuries
Spinal cord injuries can be severe and can result in paralysis. They can occur when the spinal cord is compressed, stretched, or severed.
Our Dedicated Car Accident Lawyers Represent Injured Victims Throughout Fairfax County
When you have been injured in a car accident that was not your fault, it is vital to contact a car accident lawyer as soon as possible. A qualified attorney can help you get the money you need to cover your medical expenses and other losses.
The Fairfax, Virginia, car accident lawyers at Chaikin, Sherman, Cammarata & Siegel, P.C. have a proven track record of helping clients obtain the maximum compensation possible for injuries they have suffered due to the negligence of others. Our firm has consistently demonstrated we have the expertise needed to help our clients see that justice is served. We have the resources to perform thorough investigations of all the circumstances contributing to a motor vehicle accident, gathering the evidence to establish liability and negligence.
Chaikin, Sherman, Cammarata & Siegel, P.C. has achieved more than $500 million in verdicts and settlements, and our attorneys have more than a century of combined legal experience. Two of our partners are certified by the National Board of Trial Advocacy. Our firm has also earned the highest AV® Rating from Martindale-Hubbell®, one of the most respected attorney-ranking service organizations in the United States. Chaikin, Sherman, Cammarata & Siegel, P.C. lawyers work passionately on behalf of our clients to help them secure fair compensation – no case is too complex for us to litigate.
We Get Results
Here are some of the settlements of our Fairfax County car accident lawyers with Chaikin, Sherman, Cammarata & Siegel, P.C. have gotten for car accident victims.
- $6 million for a client who suffered a brain injury after a rear-end collision.
- $4.8 million for a severely injured client after another vehicle struck his motorcycle.
- $1.9 million for a client who suffered a permanent back injury due to a car accident.
- $1.5 million for a client who had to undergo multiple surgeries after a negligent motorist cut off his motorcycle.
- a $1 million settlement was obtained on behalf of our 19-year-old client, who was a passenger in a car in which the driver lost control, causing a collision. As a result, our client suffered extensive brain damage with cognitive impairment. He was in a coma for an extended period of time. Although he has regained consciousness, he is unable to care for himself. The law firm asked the court to appoint him a guardian to care for him. The law firm is helping to establish a special needs trust so that the proceeds from the settlement will be protected against any medical liens.
- $1 million settlement on behalf of a client who suffered a brain injury when the driver of the car in which he was a passenger lost control of his vehicle.
Contact a Car Accident Attorney Today
If you are looking for the highest level of representation available for your car accident case, turn to Chaikin, Sherman, Cammarata & Siegel, P.C. Our firm has helped clients recover more than $500 million in compensation. We have more than 100 years of combined experience. Washington, D.C. Super Lawyers® recognizes all of our partners, and our firm includes three past presidents of the Trial Lawyers Association of Metropolitan Washington, D.C.
We work to help our clients obtain fair settlement offers to compensate them for the injuries they’ve suffered, but our attorneys are incredibly well-equipped to go to trial if needed. Call (202) 659-8600 or contact us online to get the proven legal representation you deserve.