What Does a Personal Injury Lawyer Do?
After an accident, you may feel overwhelmed and unsure of what to do. You may have medical bills, lost income, and other damages. A personal injury lawyer can be a tremendous asset during this stressful period.
Personal injury lawyers are civil litigators here to help injured parties in accidents obtain the justice and compensation they deserve. They can help you file a lawsuit, negotiate a settlement, and more.
If you have been injured in an accident, contact Chaikin, Sherman, Cammarata & Siegel, P.C. to discuss your case! You may be entitled to compensation for your damages.
What to Expect From the Personal Injury Lawyers at Chaikin, Sherman, Cammarata & Siegel, P.C.
The Washington, D.C. personal injury lawyers with Chaikin, Sherman, Cammarata & Siegel, P.C. have a proven track record of success in helping clients obtain the maximum compensation possible for injuries they have suffered due to the negligence of others.
Our firm has consistently demonstrated the expertise needed to help our clients see that justice is served. We have the resources necessary to conduct thorough investigations of all the circumstances contributing to an accident, gathering the evidence to establish negligence and other types of liability.
The first thing you can expect from us is a thorough consultation. During this meeting, we will:
- Listen to the facts of your case and explain the legal process
- Explain your legal options
- Give you our honest opinion about the merits of your case and what we believe your chances are for success
- Answer all your questions so that you can make an informed decision about whether or not to hire us as your personal injury lawyers.
Investigate Your Claim
Once you hire us, we will immediately begin investigating your claim. This includes talking to witnesses, reviewing medical records, and collecting any other evidence that will help support your case.
Handle Communication with the Insurance Company
Often, the most stressful part for most clients is dealing with the insurance company. Insurance companies are notorious for trying to lowball victims of accidents and get them to settle for less than they deserve. Our experienced personal injury lawyers will handle all communication with the insurance company on your behalf so that you can focus on healing from your injuries.
Negotiate a Fair Settlement
Once we have gathered all the evidence and built a strong case, we will begin negotiations with the insurance company. Our goal is to get you the full amount of compensation you deserve. If the insurance company refuses to make a fair offer, we will prepare a personal injury lawsuit. Our goal is to get you the full amount of compensation you deserve.
What Happens If Your Case Goes to Trial?
Most personal injury cases are settled before they go to trial. However, in some cases, taking a case to trial is necessary to get the compensation you deserve. Personal injury lawsuits can be extremely complex, but our legal team is full of experienced trial lawyers who are ready to fight for you. We will do whatever it takes to get you the compensation you deserve.
Damages You Can Recover in a Personal Injury Claim
The amount of compensation you can recover in a personal injury claim will depend on your case’s specific facts and circumstances. Some of the damages that may be available to you include:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Punitive damages (in some cases)
If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident, contact an experienced personal injury lawyer today to schedule a free consultation. We will review your case and explain your legal options.
How to Choose a Personal Injury Lawyer
After an accident, you may have the right to seek compensation for your injuries and suffering. If this is the route you want to take, having an established and well-respected personal injury law firm behind you is the best way to ensure you have a fighting chance. With so many law firms to choose from, it can be difficult to know where to start. Here are some tips on how to choose a personal injury lawyer:
- Schedule a consultation with the lawyer. This is your opportunity to ask questions and get to know the lawyer’s experience and qualifications.
- Make sure the lawyer has experience handling cases like yours. Not all lawyers have experience with every type of case, so you want to make sure they have successfully represented clients in situations similar to yours.
- Ask about the lawyer’s fees. Most personal injury lawyers work on a contingency basis, which means they only get paid if they win your case. However, you should still ask about the lawyer’s fees, so you are not surprised later on.
- Get a feel for the lawyer’s personality. This is important because you want to ensure you are comfortable working with the lawyer and that they have your best interests at heart.
Why You Should Choose the Personal Injury Attorneys at Chaikin, Sherman, Cammarata & Siegel, P.C. to Represent You
At Chaikin, Sherman, Cammarata & Siegel, P.C., we have decades of experience handling personal injury cases. Our lawyers have obtained more than $500 million in verdicts and settlements, and our attorneys have more than a century of combined legal experience. Two of our partners are certified by the National Board of Trial Advocacy. Our firm has also earned the highest AV® Rating from Martindale-Hubbell®, one of the most respected attorney-ranking service organizations in the United States.
Chaikin, Sherman, Cammarata & Siegel, P.C. attorneys work passionately on behalf of our clients to help them secure fair compensation – there is no type of case that is too complex for us to litigate.
No Recovery, No Fee
You should never have to worry about how you will afford a personal injury lawyer. At Chaikin, Sherman, Cammarata & Siegel, P.C., we work on a contingency fee basis. This means that you will not owe us any legal fees unless we win your case.
We Fight for Fair Compensation
For more than 100 years, the Washington, D.C. personal injury lawyers of Chaikin, Sherman, Cammarata & Siegel, P.C. have successfully represented individuals and families who have been injured or lost loved ones as the result of someone else’s negligence. Here is a small sample of some of our successful verdicts and settlements:
- $15 million for a woman who was permanently paralyzed from the neck down as a result of being struck by a stray bullet.
- $6 million on behalf of a man who suffered a brain injury as a result of a rear-end collision.
- $5 million medical malpractice settlement on behalf of a 14-year-old client who suffered a severe brain injury as a result of a doctor’s inappropriate use of a chemical product.
- $4.8 million on behalf of a severely injured man when his motorcycle struck a trailer being pulled by a minivan.
- $4.5 million for a woman who was seriously injured in a pedestrian accident after being struck from behind by a transit bus in a crosswalk.
See additional examples of our case victories and settlements on our “Case Results” page.
Types of Personal Injury Cases We Handle
Our lawyers provide legal services for various areas of personal injury law, including:
- Bicycle Accidents
- Brain Injury
- Bus Accidents
- Car Accidents
- Medical Malpractice
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Scooter Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Train Accidents
Contact an Experienced Personal Injury Attorney
If you are looking for the highest level of representation available for your personal injury case, turn to Chaikin, Sherman, Cammarata & Siegel, P.C. Our law firm has helped clients recover more than $500 million in compensation, and we have more than 100 years of combined experience. All of our partners are recognized by Washington, D.C. Super Lawyers®, and our firm includes three past presidents of the Trial Lawyers Association of Metropolitan Washington, D.C.
We work to help our clients obtain fair settlement offers to compensate them for the injuries they’ve suffered, but our attorneys are extremely well-equipped to go to trial if needed. Call (202) 659-8600 or contact us online to get the proven legal representation you deserve.