Where Do Most Car Accidents Occur?
Car accidents are a common occurrence. In fact, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, there are more than 6 million car accidents every year in the United States alone. In addition, over 2 million victims of those car accidents suffered injuries.
When you get into a car, you’re at risk of getting into a car accident. And, the more time you spend on the road, the more you expose yourself to that risk. Knowing where most car accidents happen can help you become a more alert driver.
Contact an experienced car accident attorney with Chaikin, Sherman, Cammarata & Siegel, P.C. today if you were injured in a car accident.
Close to Home
Most car accidents happen close to home. This is because people are comfortable driving in their neighborhoods. Unfortunately, this can lead to dangerous situations when drivers aren’t paying attention to their surroundings or other cars on the road.
Intersections are another common location for car accidents and often result in fatal accidents. This is due to several factors, such as drivers not paying attention to stop signs or running red lights. Additionally, intersections can be dangerous because they’re a popular spot for pedestrians and bicyclists. If you’re driving through an intersection, make sure to pay close attention to your surroundings and follow all traffic laws.
High Traffic Areas
Car crashes occur in high-traffic areas, such as shopping centers or school zones. If you’re driving through these locations, it’s important that you stay focused on the road ahead and watch out for other cars around you at all times.
Accidents occur in rural areas because there may not be as much traffic on these roads. This means that drivers may be going faster than the speed limit, leading to dangerous situations. In addition, rural areas are often dark at night, so it’s important that you drive with your headlights on at all times to make sure that other drivers can see you on the road.
Parking lots are another common place where accidents happen. This is because people aren’t paying close attention to their surroundings when they’re walking or driving through these areas, which can lead them into risky situations with other drivers who may be distracted. An excellent way to stay safe in parking lots is always to be aware of your surroundings and watch out for parked cars, especially when you’re backing up.
Highways and Freeways
Highways and freeways are dangerous places for accidents because there is often a lot of traffic on these roads. If you’re driving on the highway or freeway, stay in your lane at all times and follow the rules of the road.
Common Causes of Car Crashes
Several things can cause a car crash. Some of the most common causes of car accidents include:
What Should I Do If I Get Into a Car Crash?
Sometimes car accidents are unavoidable. If you get into a car accident, knowing what to do is essential. Here are some steps to take:
- Check for Injuries – Check on yourself and any passengers in your car for injuries.
- Call the Police – It’s always best to file a police report immediately after the accident.
- Exchange Information – This includes the other driver’s name, address, phone number, and insurance information.
- Document Everything – Take pictures of the damage done to your car so you can show these photos when filing claims with your insurance company. It’s also a good idea to write down as much information about the accident as possible while it’s still fresh in your mind.
- Call Your Insurance Company – You’ll need to notify them of what happened so they can help you with any claims that might be necessary.
- Hire a Car Accident Lawyer – No matter where your car accident occurred, if you’ve been injured, it’s important to hire a lawyer who can help you get compensation for your injuries and lost wages.
What Chaikin, Sherman, Cammarata & Siegel, P.C. Can Do For You
The Washington, D.C. personal injury lawyers with Chaikin, Sherman, Cammarata & Siegel, P.C. have a proven track record of success helping clients obtain the maximum compensation possible for injuries they have suffered due to the negligence of others. Our firm has consistently demonstrated we have the expertise needed to help our clients see that justice is served. We have the resources needed to conduct thorough investigations of all the circumstances contributing to a motor vehicle accident, gathering the evidence to establish liability and negligence.
Chaikin, Sherman, Cammarata & Siegel, P.C. has achieved more than $500 million in verdicts and settlements, and our attorneys have more than a century of combined legal experience. Two of our partners are certified by the National Board of Trial Advocacy. Our firm has also earned the highest AV® Rating from Martindale-Hubbell®, one of the most respected attorney-ranking service organizations in the United States. Chaikin, Sherman, Cammarata & Siegel, P.C. attorneys work passionately on behalf of our clients to help them secure fair compensation – there is no type of case that is too complex for us to litigate.
Determining the Value of Your Case
If you or a loved one have been in an auto accident, you may be entitled to compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
To find out how much your case is worth, contact the personal injury attorneys of Chaikin, Sherman, Cammarata & Siegel, P.C. for a free consultation. Our experienced lawyers are dedicated to helping victims of car accidents obtain justice and fair compensation.
Here are a few of our case results:
- $6 million for a client who suffered a brain injury after being involved in a rear-end collision.
- $4.8 million for a severely injured client after another vehicle struck his motorcycle.
- $1.9 million for a client who suffered a permanent back injury due to a car accident.
- $1.5 million for a client who had to undergo multiple surgeries after a negligent motorist cut off his motorcycle.
- $1 million settlement obtained on behalf of our 19-year-old client who was a passenger in a car in which the driver lost control, causing a collision. As a result, our client suffered extensive brain damage with cognitive impairment. He was in a coma for an extended period of time. Although he has regained consciousness, he is unable to care for himself. The law firm asked the Court to appoint him a guardian to care for him. The law firm is helping to establish a special needs trust so that the proceeds from the settlement will be protected against any medical liens.
- $1 million settlement on behalf of a client who suffered a brain injury when the driver of the car in which he was a passenger lost control of his vehicle.
Hire a Car Accident Lawyer Today
If you are looking for the highest level representation available for your personal injury case, turn to Chaikin, Sherman, Cammarata & Siegel, P.C. Our firm has helped clients recover more than $500 million in compensation, and we have more than 100 years of combined experience. All of our partners are recognized by Washington, D.C. Super Lawyers®, and our firm includes three past presidents of the Trial Lawyers Association of Metropolitan Washington, D.C.We work to help our clients obtain fair settlement offers to compensate them for the injuries they’ve suffered, but our attorneys are extremely well-equipped to go to trial if needed. Call (202) 659-8600 or contact us online to get the proven legal representation you deserve.