Tire Defect Attorney in Washington, DC
Experienced Injury Lawyers on Your Side
Defective auto parts are a common cause of car accidents. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), tire failures are responsible for more than 8,000 injury-causing auto accidents each year.
Many of these preventable accidents are caused by the following:
- Defectively designed tires
- Defectively manufactured tires
- Manufacturers failing to warn consumers about recalls or risks
- Dealers or service providers failing to warn about or address poor tire conditions or recalls
Tire defects can increase risks of car accidents, injuries, and death. Although any tire defect can lead to tire failure, the most dangerous defects include tread separation and aged tires.
- Tread Separation – Tread separation occurs when the tread of a tire separates from the casing or body of a tire. This can cause drivers to lose control of their vehicles. Tread separation was brought to public light during the Firestone tire cases of the last decade.
- Aged Tires – All tires have limited lifespans. Older tires are subjected to more stress and are more likely to fail or blowout. It is recommended not to use unused tires over six years old and to replace tires within 10 years of their manufacture date.
At Chaikin, Sherman, Cammarata & Siegel, P.C., our legal team has experience representing victims injured by defective tires. The law firm recently resolved a case involving a family that suffered serious injuries after a recalled tire separated. You can read more about the case on our blog.
Discuss Your Rights with a Product Liability Lawyer
If you or someone you know was injured in an auto accident caused by a defective tire, you may have grounds for a lawsuit. By speaking with a Washington, DC personal injury lawyer from Chaikin, Sherman, Cammarata & Siegel, P.C., you can learn more about your rights and how our legal team can fight for the compensation you deserve.
Call (202) 659-8600 to schedule a FREE consultation.