A construction zone is where a road or other public infrastructure is under construction. Construction zones can be dangerous, as they often involve heavy machinery and equipment and workers who are constantly carrying out tasks close to traffic.
If you have been injured in a road construction accident, it is important to contact an experienced Washington DC construction accident lawyer as soon as possible. These accidents can be very complex, and it is important to have someone on your side who understands the law.
At Chaikin, Sherman, Cammarata & Siegel, P.C., we have years of experience helping people just like you recover from these accidents. We will work tirelessly to ensure that you receive the maximum amount of compensation possible. Contact our firm today for a free consultation.
Causes of Car Accidents in DC Construction Sites
Many different factors can contribute to a car accident in a Washington DC construction zone. Some of the most common causes include:
- Drunk driving
- Reckless driving
- Drowsy driving
- Following too closely or tailgating
- Distracted driving
Other hazards unique to road construction zones include:
- Unsafe road conditions, such as uneven pavement, potholes, and debris
- Hazardous or misplaced road construction barricades and markers
- Insufficient road construction markings and safety warnings
- Inadequate shoulders and dangerous drop-offs
- Missing or improper stops signs
- Confusing traffic patterns
If you have been injured in a car accident in a Washington DC construction zone, it is important to contact an experienced attorney as soon as possible.
Common Injuries Sustained in a Work Zone Car Crash in Washington DC
It is not uncommon for victims to sustain a serious injury after a construction accident. If you are involved in a work zone car crash, you may sustain any number of injuries, including:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Neck and back injuries
- Broken bones
If you have been injured in a work zone car accident, it is important to contact an experienced attorney as soon as possible.
Can Construction Workers Sue After a Construction Zone Accident?
Yes, construction workers can sue after a construction zone accident. If they are injured in an accident while working, they may also be able to file a workers’ compensation claim for damages against the party or parties responsible.
An experienced attorney will be able to help construction workers file a claim and will work hard to make sure that they receive the maximum amount of compensation possible.
What Should I Do After a Construction Zone Car Accident in Washington DC?
If you are involved in a construction zone car accident, it is important to take the following steps:
- Call 911 and request emergency assistance – This is the first and most important thing you should do.
- Move your vehicle to a safe location, if possible – If your vehicle is blocking traffic or posing a hazard, move it to the side of the road as safely as possible.
- Do not leave the accident scene – You must remain at the scene until law enforcement arrives.
- Provide your contact information to the other drivers involved
- Collect evidence from the scene – Taking pictures of the scene, damage to any vehicles or property will help document the accident and later support your case.
- Contact a Washington, DC Road Construction Accident Attorney – A skilled attorney can help you navigate the complex legal process and ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve.
Liable Parties in Washington DC Road Construction Accidents
Many different parties may be liable in a construction accident case. Some of the most common liable parties include:
- The engineer or architect who designed the project
- The manufacturer of the traffic control devices or equipment used in the construction zone
- Safety inspection companies
Can You Sue the Government or Construction Company for a Construction Zone Car Accident?
Yes, you may be able to sue the government or construction company for a construction zone car accident. These entities may be liable for damages sustained in an accident in some cases. There are several situations where the government or the construction company can be held responsible for a construction zone car accident. Some of the most common include:
- The government failed to mark or barricade the construction zone properly
- The government failed to provide adequate warnings or signage
- The construction company did not properly train its workers
- The construction company was negligent in its construction practices
An experienced construction car accident lawyer will be able to help you file a personal injury claim and will work hard to make sure that you receive the maximum amount of compensation possible.
Damages You Can Recover in Construction Zone Accidents
In a construction zone accident case, you may be able to recover damages for any of the following:
- Medical bills, including emergency room visits, ambulatory services, medical supplies
- Lost wages include your loss of past and future lost income
- Pain and suffering
- Impairment, disfigurement, scarring, or disability
- Construction workers may apply for workers’ compensation benefits
- Property damage
If you have been injured in a construction zone car accident, it is important to contact an experienced attorney as soon as possible.
How to Avoid Construction Site Accidents in Washington DC
There are a few things that you can do to help avoid construction zone car accidents:
- Be aware of your surroundings at all times – look out for construction workers, equipment, and other hazards.
- Obey all traffic laws and signs – do not try to speed through a construction zone.
- Allow plenty of time to reach your destination – congestion is common in construction zones.
- Be patient – remember that the workers are trying to get the job done as quickly as possible, but safety is their top priority.
- Keep a safe distance from other cars – construction zones can be congested, so it is important to leave plenty of room between your car and the car in front of you.
Why Should I Hire a Lawyer After a Construction Zone Car Accident?
If you are injured in a construction zone car accident, you may be entitled to compensation. This is a complex area of law, and it is important to have an experienced attorney on your side who can help you navigate the legal process. An attorney will be able to help you file a claim for damages and will work hard to make sure that you receive the maximum amount of compensation possible.
What Our DC Construction Accident Lawyers Can Do For You
The Washington, DC car accident lawyers with Chaikin, Sherman, Cammarata & Siegel, P.C. have a proven track record of success helping clients obtain the maximum compensation possible for injuries they have suffered due to the negligence of others. Our firm has consistently demonstrated we have the expertise needed to help our clients see that justice is served. We have the resources needed to conduct thorough investigations of all the circumstances contributing to a motor vehicle accident, gathering the evidence to establish liability and negligence.
Chaikin, Sherman, Cammarata & Siegel, P.C. has achieved more than $500 million in verdicts and settlements, and our attorneys have more than a century of combined legal experience. Two of our partners are certified by the National Board of Trial Advocacy. Our firm has also earned the highest AV® Rating from Martindale-Hubbell®, one of the most respected attorney-ranking service organizations in the United States. Chaikin, Sherman, Cammarata & Siegel, P.C. attorneys work passionately on behalf of our clients to help them secure fair compensation – there is no type of case that is too complex for us to litigate.
How Much Is My Construction Accident Claim Worth?
The best way to find out what your case might be worth is to speak with an attorney with Chaikin, Sherman, Cammarata & Siegel, P.C. Our accident lawyers have obtained settlements for various car accident cases.
Here are a few of our case results:
$6 million for a client who suffered a brain injury after being involved in a rear-end collision.
- $4.8 million for a severely injured client after another vehicle struck his motorcycle.
- $1.9 million for a client who suffered a permanent back injury due to a car accident.
- $1.5 million for a client who had to undergo multiple surgeries after a negligent motorist cut off his motorcycle.
- $1 million settlement obtained on behalf of our 19-year-old client who was a passenger in a car in which the driver lost control, causing a collision. As a result, our client suffered extensive brain damage with cognitive impairment. He was in a coma for an extended period of time. Although he has regained consciousness, he is unable to care for himself. The law firm asked the Court to appoint him a guardian to care for him. The law firm is helping to establish a special needs trust so that the proceeds from the settlement will be protected against any medical liens.
- $1 million settlement on behalf of a client who suffered a brain injury when the driver of the car in which he was a passenger lost control of his vehicle.
Contact a DC Construction Site Accident Lawyer Today
If you are looking for the highest level of representation available for your personal injury case, turn to Chaikin, Sherman, Cammarata & Siegel, P.C. Our firm has helped clients recover more than $500 million in compensation, and we have more than 100 years of combined experience. All of our partners are recognized by Washington, DC Super Lawyers®, and our firm includes three past presidents of the Trial Lawyers Association of Metropolitan Washington, DC.
We work to help our clients obtain fair settlement offers to compensate them for the injuries they’ve suffered, but our attorneys are extremely well-equipped to go to trial if needed. Call (202) 659-8600 or contact us online to get the proven legal representation you deserve.