You’re driving down the road, minding your own business, when all of a sudden, you hear a loud crash and feel your car shaking. You’ve just been in a rear-end collision. These accidents can be hazardous, especially if you’re not prepared for them.
If you are the victim of a rear-end car accident, you may be entitled to compensation for your damages. Contact the car accident lawyers with Chaikin, Sherman, Cammarata & Siegel, P.C., to get your free consultation. We will give you a case review and inform you of your rights.
Causes of Rear-End Collisions & What You Can Do About Them
When we talk about rear-end collisions, we often hear about how they happen.
But what causes them? And what can you do to prevent being involved in one? Let’s take a look at some of the most common factors that contribute to rear-end crashes, as well as ways you can avoid them.
What to Do If You’re in a Rear-End Collision?
The first thing you should do is pull over and turn off your car. Next, call 911 if there are any injuries or significant damage to either vehicle involved in the accident.
- Call the Police: The police can take down insurance information and contact details from both parties involved so that they know who’s at fault.
- Exchange Information: This includes contact information and insurance details. The police can take down all of your personal details and other drivers’ information so that they know who’s at fault. It also helps protect you if the other driver tries to claim against them later.
- Get a Copy of the Police Report: The police report will have all of the details about what happened during the crash, and it can help protect you if things get messy later on.
- Contact an Accident Lawyer: If you’re feeling overwhelmed after being involved in a rear-end collision, it might be a good idea to contact an attorney. They can help you file an insurance claim and represent you in court if the other driver tries to sue you.
Understanding Liability in Rear-End Car Accident Cases
After a rear-end crash, it’s important that you understand liability and how it could affect your case.
If the other driver is at fault, their insurance company will be responsible for compensating you for any injuries or property damage resulting from the accident.
It’s important to note that liability can change depending on the crash’s circumstances. This is why it’s always a good idea to speak with an attorney after being involved in a rear-end collision. They can help you understand who is at fault and your next steps.
Proving Negligence in Rear-End Collisions
To prove negligence, you will need to provide evidence that supports your case. This could include eyewitness testimony, police reports, photos of the accident scene, and medical records. Having experienced injury lawyers on your side can help make the process easier and increase your chances of receiving the compensation you deserve.
Multiple Vehicle Rear-End Collisions
In the case of a multiple-vehicle rear-end car accident, it’s often difficult to determine who caused the crash. This is why you should always seek legal advice from an attorney if you think any other parties were involved in this type of collision. They can help identify all vehicles that may have contributed to causing your injuries or property damage and help you file a claim against their insurance companies.
Remember, it’s important to act fast after being involved in any type of accident. The sooner you get legal advice, the better your chances are of receiving the compensation you deserve.
Should I Sue If I Got Rear-Ended?
If you have been injured because of another driver’s negligence, then it is important that you contact an attorney for help with your case. It can be difficult to navigate the legal process by yourself, and there are many potential pitfalls along the way. However, an experienced lawyer will ensure everything goes smoothly to receive fair compensation from those responsible for your injuries.
Remember, you might not always need to “sue” someone. Your attorney may be able to negotiate a fair settlement with the other driver’s insurance company. Since the other driver rear-ended you, the insurance company will often take responsibility, and be more than willing to compensate you for your losses without having to go through the hassle of a lawsuit. However, to obtain a fair settlement, you will likely need the help of a good personal injury attorney. If they do not cooperate or offer a fair settlement then your attorney can file a lawsuit, and take them to court.
How Chaikin, Sherman, Cammarata & Siegel, P.C. Can Help You
The Washington, D.C. car accident lawyers at Chaikin, Sherman, Cammarata & Siegel, P.C. have a proven track record of success helping clients obtain the maximum compensation possible for injuries they have suffered due to the negligence of others. Our firm has consistently demonstrated we have the expertise needed to help our clients see that justice is served. We have the resources needed to conduct thorough investigations of all the circumstances contributing to a motor vehicle accident, gathering the evidence to establish liability and negligence.
Chaikin, Sherman, Cammarata & Siegel, P.C. has achieved more than $500 million in verdicts and settlements, and our attorneys have more than a century of combined legal experience. Two of our partners are certified by the National Board of Trial Advocacy. Our firm has also earned the highest AV® Rating from Martindale-Hubbell®, one of the most respected attorney-ranking service organizations in the United States. Chaikin, Sherman, Cammarata & Siegel, P.C. attorneys work passionately on behalf of our clients to help them secure fair compensation – there is no type of case that is too complex for us to litigate.
Recoverable Compensation in a Rear-End Accident
If you have been injured because of an accident caused by another driver, then their insurance will likely cover your medical bills and lost wages. You will also be entitled to compensation for pain and suffering and possibly punitive damages if it can be proven that they acted recklessly, intentionally or with malice towards others. The standard for punitive damages is different in Maryland, D.C. and Virginia, so it is important to talk with a qualified personal lawyer about your rights.
It’s important to note that the amount of compensation you may be able to recover can vary depending on the severity of your injuries, as well as state laws. This is why it’s always a good idea to speak with an attorney after being involved in any accident. They will advise you on what types of compensation you may be eligible for based on your specific case.
We Will Get You a Fair Settlement
Our car accident lawyers have years of experience handling car accident cases. Here are a few of our case results:
- $6 million for a client who suffered a brain injury after being involved in a rear-end collision.
- $4.8 million for a severely injured client after another vehicle struck his motorcycle.
- $1.9 million for a client who suffered a permanent back injury due to a car accident.
- $1.5 million for a client who had to undergo multiple surgeries after a negligent motorist cut off his motorcycle.
- $1 million settlement obtained on behalf of our 19-year-old client who was a passenger in a car in which the driver lost control, causing a collision. As a result, our client suffered extensive brain damage with cognitive impairment. He was in a coma for an extended period of time. Although he has regained consciousness, he is unable to care for himself. The law firm asked the Court to appoint him a guardian to care for him. The law firm is helping to establish a special needs trust so that the proceeds from the settlement will be protected against any medical liens.
- $1 million settlement on behalf of client suffered a brain injury when the driver of the car in which he was a passenger lost control of his vehicle.
Rear-End Car Accidents Can Be Deadly
While rear-end accidents may not seem like they could result in serious injuries, this is not always the case. Rear-end car accidents can be deadly and often result in whiplash or other neck or back injuries. If you’re involved in a rear-end accident, it’s important to get checked out by a doctor as soon as possible to ensure that you are okay.
If you are involved in a rear-end accident, it is important to remain calm and take the necessary steps to protect yourself and others. You should also contact an attorney to discuss your legal options.
Contact an Accident Lawyer Today
If you are looking for the highest level representation available for your personal injury case, turn to Chaikin, Sherman, Cammarata & Siegel, P.C. Our firm has helped clients recover more than $500 million in compensation, and we have more than 100 years of combined experience. All of our partners are recognized by Washington, D.C. Super Lawyers®, and our firm includes three past presidents of the Trial Lawyers Association of Metropolitan Washington, D.C.
We work to help our clients obtain fair settlement offers to compensate them for the injuries they’ve suffered, but our attorneys are extremely well-equipped to go to trial if needed. Call (202) 659-8600 or contact us online to get the proven legal representation you deserve.