Wrongful Death Attorney Rockville, MD
Losing a loved one due to an accident can leave you wondering if you can file a wrongful death lawsuit. The answer is yes, but before proceeding with such a case, it’s crucial to consider some vital factors. Although no amount of money can replace your loved one, filing a wrongful death claim can offer justice, closure, and much-needed financial compensation to cover funeral expenses and lost income.
If you want to learn more about your rights and options as the next of kin for someone who has passed away due to another person’s negligence, contact Chaikin, Sherman, Cammarata & Siegel, P.C. Our wrongful death lawyers will provide some answers by explaining what types of damages can be recovered under Maryland law and how long it typically takes to bring an action after someone has passed away. Contact us today for a free case review.
What Should I Do If Someone Else’s Negligence Has Killed My Loved One?
The following are some tips for handling wrongful death cases:
- Seek to understand the legal process. Wrongful death claims can be complicated for survivors to navigate on their own. You will need to investigate the circumstances of the accident, determine if there was negligence involved and file a claim with the court system if you think you have a case.
- Find a personal injury lawyer who specializes in wrongful death cases. A lawyer who only works in certain circumstances (such as car accidents) may not be qualified to handle wrongful death lawsuits.
- Investigate whether there was negligence involved—and if so, whose fault it was—before deciding whether or not to file a complaint against anyone other than yourself (if applicable).
Why Should I Hire a Rockville Wrongful Death Attorney?
A wrongful death lawyer can help you get compensation for the medical bills, funeral expenses, and other losses your family suffered, including grief and mental anguish caused as a result of your loved one’s untimely passing. Your attorney will also help you file a claim with the at fault party’s insurance company.
Expectations from a Wrongful Death Attorney in Rockville, MD
It’s crucial to have a reliable and communicative wrongful death attorney to work with during such cases to minimize stress and ensure a smooth legal process. A broader perspective is necessary to predict how the case will proceed.
The following are some expectations of a competent wrongful death lawyer:
- They should always be ready for a trial and have a contingency plan in case of unexpected events such as missing witness testimony
- They should display unwavering dedication and support to their client, especially during challenging times. This builds trust, particularly in litigation proceedings involving insurance companies seeking to exploit the loss of loved ones due to negligence at work
Choose the Rockville Wrongful Death Lawyers at Chaikin, Sherman, Cammarata & Siegel, P.C.
The Maryland wrongful death attorneys with Chaikin, Sherman, Cammarata & Siegel, P.C. have a proven track record of success in helping clients obtain the maximum compensation possible for injuries they have suffered due to the negligence of others.
Our firm has consistently demonstrated the expertise needed to help our clients see that justice is served. We have the resources necessary to conduct thorough investigations of all the circumstances contributing to a motor vehicle accident, gathering the evidence to establish negligence and other types of liability.
Chaikin, Sherman, Cammarata & Siegel, P.C. has obtained more than $500 million in verdicts and settlements, and our attorneys have more than a century of combined legal experience. Two of our partners are certified by the National Board of Trial Advocacy.
Our firm has also earned the highest AV® Rating from Martindale-Hubbell®, one of the most respected attorney-ranking service organizations in the United States. Chaikin, Sherman, Cammarata & Siegel, P.C. attorneys work passionately on behalf of our clients to help them secure fair compensation – no case is too complex for us to litigate.
Who Can File Wrongful Death Claims in Rockville, MD?
Beneficiaries are the people that may recover damages in a wrongful death claim. Beneficiaries include:
Potential Damages in a Wrongful Death Case
When you file a Maryland wrongful death lawsuit, the defendant’s financial responsibility will be an important factor for you to consider. In negligence actions, the person who caused the death of your loved one is responsible for paying damages. A jury will usually decide how much compensation each beneficiary is entitled to. That decision is based on many factors, including:
- What was the beneficiary’s’ relationship with the deceased?
- How old was the deceased they when they died?
- How old is the beneficiary?
- What was the decedent’s health like before they died?
These are all questions that could help inform how much money is fair compensation.
If your loved one died due to someone else’s negligence, you might be entitled to compensation for the following:
- Loss of companionship and support
- Grief and mental anguish
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Costs associated with the death (e.g., lost wages)
Common Causes of Wrongful Death in Rockville, MD
Wrongful death can be a result of many unexpected causes. Here are some examples of cases that our Rockville wrongful death attorneys have handled:
- Medical malpractice
- Defective product accidents
- Bus accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Catastrophic injury cases
- Brain injury cases
- Scooter accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Truck accidents
- Rideshare accidents
Rockville, MD Wrongful Death Lawyers That Work For You
If you are looking for the highest level of representation for your wrongful death lawsuit, turn to Chaikin, Sherman, Cammarata & Siegel, P.C. Our firm has helped clients recover more than $500 million in compensation, and we have more than 100 years of combined experience. We have handles many types of cases including medical malpractice, car accidents, All of our partners are recognized by Washington, D.C. Super Lawyers®, and our firm includes three past presidents of the Trial Lawyers Association of Metropolitan Washington, D.C.
We value the attorney-client relationship and work to help our clients obtain fair settlement offers to compensate them for the injuries they’ve suffered, but our attorneys are extremely well-equipped to go to trial if needed. Call (202) 659-8600 or contact us online to get the proven legal representation you deserve.