Questions to Ask Your Car Accident Lawyer
Washington, DC Auto Accident Attorney
Being the victim of a car accident can be overwhelming. If you are considering hiring a car accident lawyer to help you with your personal injury claim, asking the right questions is essential in determining whether or not an attorney is right for you.
An initial consultation is designed to not only provide you with an opportunity to discuss the details of your case, but to also help you learn more about a lawyer’s skills, experience, education, strategy, and resources. Make the most of this opportunity by discussing some of the questions outlined below. A good attorney’s answers should be direct and honest, increasing your confidence in them and your comfort level.
Questions About Background and Experience
Some of the most important and telling aspects of any lawyer include their level of experience, their reputation among their peers, and their history of success in pursuing cases similar to yours.
Here are some questions to ask relating to background and experience:
- How long have you been practicing car accident law?
- Do you frequently handle cases similar to mine?
- Do you have special experience representing car accident victims with spinal cord injuries, traumatic brain injuries, or other conditions that can cause lifelong medical problems?
- What bar associations and professional organizations do you belong to?
- On average, how many car accident injury cases do you get every year? How many cases usually go to trial?
QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR CASE
During your consultation, you should also take the time to thoroughly describe the details of your car accident and related injuries, and then ask the attorney for their opinion of your particular case. Some relevant questions to bring up include:
- Do you think I have a case?
- What damages can I potentially recover?
- What factors will work in our favor, and what could work against us?
- Is it likely that my case will go to trial?
These questions should give you a strong foundation from which you can make an informed decision about whether or not you trust the car accident lawyer and want to hire them. You can also ask the attorney for references from previous clients, which a good lawyer will be happy to provide.
Request a Free Consultation Today
Our experienced Washington, DC car accident attorneys at Chaikin, Sherman, Cammarata & Siegel, P.C. invite you to find out what makes us exceptional by scheduling a free case evaluation today. You can also read testimonials from clients we have helped throughout the years.
If you have been seriously injured in a car accident and are looking for a law firm you can trust,
contact us today to discuss your case. We are dedicated to defending the rights of
injured victims throughout Washington, DC, as well as Virginia and Maryland.