Even if they are minor, single-car crashes can leave you shaken, scared, and unsure of what to do next. If you have been in a single-vehicle accident, it is important to remember that you are not alone.
At Chaikin, Sherman, Cammarata & Siegel, P.C., we have years of experience helping victims of single-vehicle collisions get the money they need to move on with their lives. Our car accident lawyers are committed to providing our clients with the highest level of service and will work tirelessly to get you the best possible outcome in your case.
Contact us today for a free consultation. We will help you pursue compensation for your damages.
What Is a Single-Car Accident?
A single-car accident involves only one vehicle. In some cases, they are the result of driver error. Other times, single-vehicle accidents happen due to forces beyond the driver’s control.
Single-Car Accidents Not Caused by Driver Error
Single-car accidents not caused by driver error can include:
- Accidents caused by vehicle defects
- Crashes due to poor road conditions
- Pedestrian and bicycle accidents
If you have been involved in a single-car accident that was not your fault, it is important to speak with an attorney. A lawyer can help you determine whether or not the other party may be liable for your damages and injuries.
What Should I Do After a Single-Vehicle Accident?
If you are involved in a single-vehicle accident, you should:
- Check for injuries and call 911.
- Gather as much information as possible about the accident.
- Take pictures of the accident scene, the damage to your car, and any injuries.
- Contact an experienced car accident attorney.
When Should I Report a Single-Vehicle Accident?
Single-vehicle crashes should be reported to the police as soon as possible. When you report a single-car crash to the police, they will file an accident report. Filing and obtaining a copy of this report is crucial as it can help your case down the road. The sooner we start investigating, and the more evidence we have, the better the chance of getting the maximum compensation available to you.
Can You File a Claim After a Single-Car Accident?
When a single-vehicle crash occurs, a driver may file a car insurance claim with their insurance company or, in some cases, may pursue a claim if poor road design, a vehicle defect, or other unrelated factors caused the crash.
If you have been in a single-car accident, it is important to speak with an attorney. There are many factors to consider when filing a claim, and an experienced lawyer will help you make sure you are getting the best possible outcome.
At Chaikin, Sherman, Cammarata & Siegel, P.C., we will help you understand how filing a claim might impact your insurance rates and whether or not it is worth pursuing legal action against a liable party.
What Chaikin, Sherman, Cammarata & Siegel, P.C. Can Do For You
When you have been injured in a car accident that was not your fault, it is important to contact a car accident lawyer as soon as possible. A qualified attorney can help you get the money you need to cover your medical expenses and other losses.
The Washington, D.C. car accident lawyers at Chaikin, Sherman, Cammarata & Siegel, P.C. have a proven track record of success helping clients obtain the maximum compensation possible for injuries they have suffered due to the negligence of others. Our firm has consistently demonstrated we have the expertise needed to help our clients see that justice is served. We have the resources needed to perform thorough investigations of all the circumstances contributing to a motor vehicle accident, gathering the evidence needed to establish liability and negligence.
Chaikin, Sherman, Cammarata & Siegel, P.C. has achieved more than $500 million in verdicts and settlements, and our attorneys have more than a century of combined legal experience. Two of our partners are certified by the National Board of Trial Advocacy. Our firm has also earned the highest AV® Rating from Martindale-Hubbell®, one of the most respected attorney-ranking service organizations in the United States. Chaikin, Sherman, Cammarata & Siegel, P.C. attorneys work passionately on behalf of our clients to help them secure fair compensation – there is no type of case that is too complex for us to litigate.
We Get Results
Here are some of the settlements that our Washington, DC car accident lawyers with Chaikin, Sherman, Cammarata & Siegel, P.C. have gotten for car accident victims.
- $6 million for a client who suffered a brain injury after being involved in a rear-end collision.
- $4.8 million for a severely injured client after another vehicle struck his motorcycle.
- $1.9 million for a client who suffered a permanent back injury due to a car accident.
- $1.5 million for a client who had to undergo multiple surgeries after a negligent motorist cut off his motorcycle.
- $1 million settlement obtained on behalf of our 19-year-old client who was a passenger in a car in which the driver lost control, causing a collision. As a result, our client suffered extensive brain damage with cognitive impairment. He was in a coma for an extended period of time. Although he has regained consciousness, he is unable to care for himself. The law firm asked the Court to appoint him a guardian to care for him. The law firm is helping to establish a special needs trust so that the proceeds from the settlement will be protected against any medical liens.
- $1 million settlement on behalf of a client who suffered a brain injury when the driver of the car in which he was a passenger lost control of his vehicle.
Contact a Car Accident Attorney Today
If you are looking for the highest level representation available for your personal injury case, turn to Chaikin, Sherman, Cammarata & Siegel, P.C. Our firm has helped clients recover more than $500 million in compensation, and we have more than 100 years of combined experience. All of our partners are recognized by Washington, D.C. Super Lawyers®, and our firm includes three past presidents of the Trial Lawyers Association of Metropolitan Washington, D.C.
We work to help our clients obtain fair settlement offers to compensate them for the injuries they’ve suffered, but our attorneys are extremely well-equipped to go to trial if needed. Call (202) 659-8600 or contact us online to get the proven legal representation you deserve.