Washington, DC Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Compassionate Service, Experienced Representation
Pedestrian accidents, especially when they involve a motor vehicle, can produce devastating injuries. The fact that pedestrians have no protection puts them at risk for suffering physical damage when they are struck by an automobile, truck, or other commercial vehicle.
At Chaikin, Sherman, Cammarata & Siegel, P.C., our team is able to draw from over 90 years of combined experienceto guide injured pedestrians and their families through the personal injury claim process. Our experience and insight enable us to handle a variety of pedestrian injury claims, including those that involve car and truck accidents as well as pedestrian accidents that no not involve motor vehicle, but involve other dangerous conditions. e.g. premises liability cases.
Pedestrian Traffic Accidents
Thousands of pedestrians are injured and killed each year in traffic accidents. Due to the high foot traffic, the DC Metro area sees numerous pedestrian accidents, with many resulting in catastrophic injuries or wrongful death. Driver negligence and error is typically the cause.
Common causes of pedestrian accidents include:
- Distracted driving, including texting while driving
- Reckless driving, including unsafe speeds
- Drunk driving accidents
- Failure to obey traffic signs, signals, or laws
- Failures to yield to pedestrians at crosswalks, including right turns on red
- Poor visibility and roadway conditions
- Failure to use extra care in areas where pedestrians are known to be present, including school zones
Our Washington, DC pedestrian accident attorneys make it our mission to hold at-fault drivers and insurance providers fully liable for compensating victims. Because insurance companies do everything they can to pay victims as little as possible, working with proven injury attorneys who have experience handling pedestrian accident cases can make all the difference in the outcome.
Our goal is to help victims and their loved ones recover compensation for:
- Medical bills and future medical expenses
- Lost work wages and future earnings
- A victim’s pain and suffering
- Emotional injuries and mental anguish
- Loss of enjoyment or quality of life
- Loss of companionship or consortium
Non-Vehicular Pedestrian Accidents
Non-vehicular pedestrian accidents can have just as serious an impact as any other pedestrian accident. Some common causes of these accidents include:
- Poor property maintenance
- Unsafe sidewalks and parking lots
- Dangerous construction areas, including falling objects
Depending on the circumstances involved, non-vehicular pedestrian accidents may be the fault of property owners, local government entities, or third parties such as construction companies.
Our firm works tirelessly to establish who can be held at fault and whether the party failed to keep others safe from preventable harm. Construction companies, for example, have a responsibility to keep debris out of public walkways and to use warning signs in order to protect the safety of pedestrians.
Speak with a Washington, DC Personal Injury Attorney
If you or your loved one have been injured in a pedestrian accident, please request a free case evaluation as soon as possible. Do not settle with an insurance company without exploring your rights. Allow our award-winning lawyers to review your accident and explain how we can fight for the recovery you need.