Personal Injury Lawyers Backed by More Than 50 Years of Proven Results and RecognitionGet in touch
Personal Injury Attorneys
After a Serious Accident or Injury, Our Award-Winning Attorneys Will Fight for You
For more than 50 years, our Washington DC personal injury lawyers at Chaikin, Sherman, Cammarata & Siegel, P.C. have been fighting for the rights of those injured due to the negligence of others. In that time, we have built a reputation as a smart, compassionate, and effective legal team that clients are proud to recommend to friends and family. The firm has built its reputation on an unwavering commitment to aggressive, and creative litigation strategies, seeking to ensure every personal injury client receives complete justice.
Reputation Matters. We command respect from adjusters and powerful businesses.
Our award-winning attorneys are recognized in national publications and in the legal community, serving as leaders in their national and local lawyer associations. Three partners are Past Presidents of the Trial Lawyers Association of Metropolitan, Washington, DC, and two Partners currently serve on the Board of Directors of the Brain Injury Litigation Group of the American Association for Justice.
The firm focuses on helping individuals who have suffered personal injury, including a traumatic brain injury or death, from a car accident, truck accident, mass transit collision, medical malpractice, nursing home abuse or neglect, and unsafe premises. When you call Chaikin, Sherman, Cammarata & Siegel, P.C., you will find a personal injury lawyer who is committed to achieving the best possible outcome on your behalf. The firm’s dedication and compassion to individuals injured by no fault of their own, has resulted in the recovery of over $500 million in compensation for our clients.
Call us today.(202) 659-8600 tap to call
As Seen on
When Should I Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer?
Contact an Attorney Right Away After an Injury Happens
In the simplest terms, you need to hire a personal injury lawyer as soon as possible after an accident or serious injury happens. It is almost always in your best interests to at least consult with an attorney soon after the incident, even if you think that hiring a lawyer is not necessitated by the severity of your injuries.
If you have been in a serious accident, the earlier our legal team can become involved, the stronger you case will be for several reasons:
Claims Have Deadlines for Filing
In some situations, you only have a few months or years to legally pursue a claim after an accident. It is important to find a personal injury lawyer Washington DC, Maryland, and Virginia residents have relied on to navigate these legal guidelines.
Insurance Companies are Trained to Minimize Payouts
Once a claim is filed with the other party's insurance company, they hire an adjuster to investigate. They are motivated by profits, not your well being, they commonly work hard to pay you less than you deserve. They're are not on your side and more often than not see to take advantage of what you do not know. This is where an experienced personal injury lawyer can help.
You Need Fast Relief from Growing Expenses
Property damage, medical expenses and lost wages can put you and your family at risk. The financial toll from an injury can even make it difficult to recover physically. A Washington DC personal injury lawyer can help you get what you deserve.
Call for a free consultation with one of our experienced attorneys.(202) 659-8600 tap to call
We Are a Law Firm That Gets Results
Why Choose Chaikin, Sherman, Cammarata & Siegel, P.C.?
Consult an Experienced Personal Injury Lawyer Washington DC Residents Have Trusted for Over 50 Years
Many clients come to us wondering about their options, their rights, and who to trust. Whether your injury involves extensive medical records, numerous state laws, or a challenging physical recovery, here is what matters when you need help.
Fierce & Compassionate Representation
Since starting our firm, our talented personal injury lawyers have served thousands of clients in Washington, D.C., Maryland, and Virginia. We understand what you are going through. Hundreds of positive reviews and client testimonials are testament to our guiding philosophy of fierce and compassionate representation.Our Testimonials
National Recognition and Awards
We are ranked a “Best Law Firm” by U.S. News and World Report in the fields of Personal Injury and Medical Malpractice. We have earned the highest ratings from Martindale Hubbell® and have been recognized by such publications as Washingtonian Magazine, Best Lawyers in America® Washington D.C. Super Lawyers® Magazine, and Northern Virginia Magazine.Our Awards
Hundreds of Millions in Recoveries
We have successfully recovered over half a billion dollars for our clients in cases involving car accidents, truck accidents, brain injuries, medical malpractice and more.Our Results
No Fee Unless You Win
We work on a contingency basis, which means we do not get paid until you do. We also advance all necessary legal expenses, so there are not out of pocket expenses when you hire us.Our Policy
Hear from Our Clients
- Michala P"I was involved in a car wreck (not at my own fault) and was unhappy with the the insurance claim I was offered. Had no idea what to do and contacted them at 6pm I got a call back directly from Allan M. Siegel at 9pm at night! He gave me incredible advice for free - with it i'll probably be able to avoid court. Clearly, he did this out of kindness and is a genuinely good person, could've taken my money and had me go to court anyway, which is what I was worried about. HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend them to whoever is looking for help!”
- Mercedes F"Allan Siegel and his team took on my case when I was at the end of my ropes after unprofessional experiences with not one but two law firms. As a bicyclist, I am grateful to Allan and his team for recognizing, advocating and fighting for my rights as a bicyclist and successfully taking on my case. I highly recommend the law firm!"
- Debra C."I was referred to Chaikin, Sherman, Cammarata & Siegel in December 2018. When I called the office, I was received in a very professional and friendly manner, which was always the case each time I called. Allan Siegel, my attorney, was professional as he listened to all of my concerns and addressed each one of them. I felt very comfortable with him. He assured me of his support and did negotiate a satisfactory win. I highly recommend him and his colleagues. Quality customer service is important to me and I was impressed with all they did for me. Thank you Allan - I appreciate all that you did for me.”
- Lamont J."Without a doubt, this is the best law firm experience I have ever had. Allan Siegal is an honest, top notch, no nonsense attorney that is all about YOU the client. He won’t rest until justice is served, no matter how long the journey, he is by your side. I recommend this firm and Allan in particular for all your major legal challenges! I am beyond satisfied with my results!”
- Jonniece S."First time serious car accident and I had no idea on what to do or how to do it. I’m so thankful for my lawyers at Chaikin, Sherman, Cammarata & Siegel, P.C. Allan & Erik helped me every step of the way they made sure to keep me updated during the entire settlement process. I even experienced a very tragic loss during the settlement process and they sent flowers and cards,things like that makes you feel like family. I would recommend for ANYONE I know to choose Chaikin, Sherman, Cammarata & Siegel, P.C. you won’t regret it.”
- Oscar E."I hired Chaikin, Sherman, Cammarata & Siegel as my attorneys after my car accident. Office is very conveniently located in D.C. I have been kept well informed throughout the entire process. They have readily accessible staff who are very friendly. From the receptionist to my attorney Allan Siegel, everyone is great! They really care about their client's health and well-being. And win the toughest battles. I highly recommend this law firm for anyone who is injured and needs legal assistance.”
- Hazel B."The best law firm to get you the Justice that you deserve. Mr. Cammarata and all the staff treated me with respect and dignity. Mr. Cammarata worked diligently on my case and kept me informed. He called me to check on my well being which really helped me to stay emotionally in control. I felt like family. I will be forever grateful to the law firm of Chaikin, Sherman, Cammarata and Siegel."
- Shay B."If I could I would give 10 stars. This is wonderful boutique firm (I love that) with some serious muscle behind it. They are kind, professional, take care of their clients and fight for them. There’s an elegance in how they work. They make you comfortable knowing they are “on the case” - beginning to end. Joe, Allan and the team are wonderful. It certainly doesn’t hurt that Joe is a bona fide bada**. What else could you ask for?!"
MEET OUR LEGAL TEAM
We have dedicated our professional careers and personal lives to fighting for victims and their families. We are confident we can help you through difficult times. We serve clients from offices in Washington, DC, Maryland, and Northern Virginia.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a personal injury lawsuit?
A personal injury lawyer provides legal services to those who claim to have been injured because of the negligence of another. Unlike criminal lawyers, personal injury lawsuits do not focus on whether someone violated the law. Instead, they examine whether an individual is financially responsible for the victim’s injuries and losses. When personal injury cases are successful, victims are entitled to financial compensation for their economic and non-economic damages.
How do I know if I have a personal injury case?
Determining whether you have a personal injury lawsuit depends on the facts unique to your situation. Generally, an attorney will listen to what happened to you and let you know if you have a personal injury case based on three factors
1.) The responsible party was careless and negligent.
2.) The negligence caused the personal injury.
3.) The injury resulted in harm and compensatory damages.
Because every case is different, you should contact one of our personal injury lawyers for a risk-free, no-cost case evaluation.
How much does it cost to hire a personal injury lawyer?
One of the first questions most injury victims have is whether they can afford to hire an attorney. We work on a contingency fee. That means we only get paid attorney’s fees if and when we successfully resolve your case on your behalf. To find out more, call to discuss your case with the personal injury lawyer Washington DC has depended on for decades.
How long does it take to obtain compensation?
Many cases settle before litigation, but others must be litigated and tried in front of a jury. How long your case takes to resolve will depend on many factors. However, if the wrongdoer refuses to pay a fair amount of money for your injuries, you can rest assured that our personal injury attorneys will do what it takes to ensure you get full and fair compensation.
What are catastrophic injuries?
While there are many, some of the most common are:
- Head, neck, and spinal cord injuries
- Permanent disabilities, including paralysis
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Burn injuries
- Loss of vision or hearing
- Severe organ damage
What is the personal injury claim process?
- Determine fault
- Gather evidence
- Assess injuries/Illness
- Get medical treatment
- Calculate damages
- Settlement or trial
- Receive compensation
What is contributory negligence?
Contributory negligence is a legal standard that bars an injured plaintiff from recovering damages from the defendant if they contributed to their injury. In a contributory negligence state, even if a plaintiff is only 1% at fault for an accident that left them with a serious injury, they may not be successful in a claim against another party for damages.
What are common causes of slip & falls?
- Wet and slippery floors (i.e., spills)
- Ice and snow (i.e., icy walkways)
- Narrow or broken staircases/railings
- Poor lighting or lack of lighting
- Cracked or broken sidewalks
- Loose carpeting or uneven floors
- Debris and tripping hazards
- Open or uncovered holes
Are personal injury settlements taxable in Washington DC?
While most compensation awarded in a personal injury claim is not taxable, there are some instances where it may be such as punitive damages.
Can I file a wrongful death claim?
A wrongful death claim can be filed when surviving members of the victim’s family believe that it is the defendant’s fault that the decedent (the victim) was killed. The wrongful death claim seeks to provide monetary compensation for their loss.
What does a personal injury lawyer do?
- Conduct a free consultation
- Investigate your claim
- Communicate with the insurance company
- Negotiate a fair settlement or take your case to trial to obtain the compensation you deserve, if necessary
What types of questions should I ask a personal injury lawyer?
- While there are many you can ask, here are 10 worth considering:
- Do you have experience handling similar cases?
- How long have you been practicing personal injury?
- How often do your cases go to trial?
- How much do you charge?
- Does your law firm have the resources and time to handle my case?
- How long will my case take to resolve?
- Do you have professional honors, awards, and recognitions?
- What is my case worth?
- Who is responsible for any case-related costs if my claim is unsuccessful?
- What are my chances of a successful outcome?
How do you prove negligence in a personal injury case?
To prove negligence, your attorney must be able to show that the at-fault party owed you a duty of care, that the duty was breached, that their breach of duty led to your injuries, and that you suffered injuries and/or damages as a result of the breach.
What types of cases do personal injury lawyers take?
There are several examples of case types a personal injury lawyer may take. Some examples motor vehicle accidents, such as car, motorcycle, truck, bicycle, scooter, and pedestrian. Others include medical malpractice, nursing home abuse and neglect, sports injuries, premise liability, and even wrongful death.