Fairfax is a beautiful city with many things to see and do. However, it is also a city with a lot of traffic. This can be dangerous for motorcycle riders, who are often more vulnerable on the road than other drivers. If you have been involved in a motorcycle accident, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries.
Contact an experienced motorcycle accident attorney today for a free consultation. A Fairfax motorcycle accident lawyer at Chaikin, Sherman, Cammarata & Siegel, P.C can help you understand your rights and options under the law. We can also help you negotiate with insurance companies and get the fair settlement you deserve. We service clients in Northern Virginia in Fairfax, Arlington, Alexandria, and other areas.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
Many different factors can contribute to a motorcycle accident. However, some of the most common causes include:
- Distracted driving
- Drunk driving
- Reckless driving
- Poor road conditions
- Bad weather
- Defective parts
If you have been involved in a motorcycle accident, it is important to contact an experienced Fairfax motorcycle accident lawyer as soon as possible. At our firm, we can help you get the compensation you deserve. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation.
Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries
- Broken Bones – Broken bones are some of the most common injuries in motorcycle accidents. When a motorcyclist is involved in an accident, they are more likely to be thrown from their bike and sustain serious injuries.
- Head Injuries – When a motorcyclist is involved in an accident, they can sustain serious head injuries, including concussions and traumatic brain injuries.
- Spinal Cord Injuries – When a motorcyclist is involved in an accident, they can sustain serious injuries to their spine, leading to paralysis.
If you have been involved in a motorcycle accident and have sustained any of these injuries, it’s important to seek medical treatment immediately.
How Common Are Fatal Injuries in Motorcycle Crashes?
Fatal injuries are not uncommon in motorcycle accidents. In fact, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), motorcycle riders are more than 28 times more likely to die in a traffic accident than passenger car occupants. If you have lost a loved one in a motorcycle accident, it is important to contact a Fairfax personal injury attorney as soon as possible.
How Our Motorcycle Accidents Attorney Can Help You
The Fairfax, VA, motorcycle lawyers with Chaikin, Sherman, Cammarata & Siegel, P.C. have a proven track record of obtaining the maximum compensation possible in motorcycle accident claims for victims that have suffered due to the negligence of others.
Our firm has consistently demonstrated the expertise needed to help our clients see that justice is served. We have the resources to conduct thorough investigations of all the circumstances contributing to a motorcycle crash, gathering the evidence to establish negligence and other types of liability.
Help You File Your Claim On Time
One of the most important things our motorcycle accident lawyers will do is make sure you file your claim within the required time frame. In Virginia, you generally have two years from the date of your accident to file a personal injury claim. If you fail to file your claim within this time frame, you could be barred from recovering any compensation for your injuries.
Use Our Experience to Ensure Your Claim Is Successful
Chaikin, Sherman, Cammarata & Siegel, P.C. has obtained more than $500 million in verdicts and settlements, and our attorneys have more than a century of combined legal experience. Two of our partners are certified by the National Board of Trial Advocacy.
Our firm has also earned the highest AV® Rating from Martindale-Hubbell®, one of the most respected attorney-ranking service organizations in the United States. Chaikin, Sherman, Cammarata & Siegel, P.C. attorneys work passionately on behalf of our clients to help them secure fair compensation – no case is too complex for us to litigate.
Recover the Compensation You Deserve
The compensation you may be entitled to receive will depend on several factors, including the severity of your injuries, whether you can return to work, and whether you have suffered any permanent damage. Our motorcycle accident lawyers will fight to get you the maximum compensation possible for your injuries.
Here is a small sample of some of our successful verdicts and settlements:
- $6 million for a client who suffered a brain injury after being involved in a rear-end collision.
- $4.8 million for a severely injured client after another vehicle struck his motorcycle.
- $1.9 million for a client who suffered a permanent back injury due to a car accident.
- $1.5 million for a client who had to undergo multiple surgeries after a negligent motorist cut off his motorcycle.
- $1 million settlement on behalf of a client who suffered a brain injury when the driver of the car in which he was a passenger lost control of his vehicle.
- $1 million settlement obtained on behalf of our 19 year old client who was a passenger in a car in which the driver lost control causing a collision.
See additional examples of our case victories and settlements on our “Case Results” page.
Fairfax Motorcycle Accident Lawyers That Work For You
If you are looking for the highest level of representation available for your personal injury case, turn to Chaikin, Sherman, Cammarata & Siegel, P.C. Our firm has helped clients recover more than $500 million in compensation, and we have more than 100 years of combined experience. All of our partners are recognized by Washington, D.C. Super Lawyers®, and our firm includes three past presidents of the Trial Lawyers Association of Metropolitan Washington, D.C.
We work to help our clients obtain fair settlement offers to compensate them for the injuries they’ve suffered, but our attorneys are extremely well-equipped to go to trial if needed. Call (202) 659-8600 or contact us online to get the proven legal representation you deserve.