Let’s celebrate the heroes among us! Submit a photo or video of your COVID Hero, and we will donate $25 to one of our local charity partners, up to a total of $20,000.
The coronavirus pandemic has disrupted all of our lives. It has changed our society and the world as we know it in unimaginable ways. As the crisis continues to unfold, no one knows precisely when or if a sense of normalcy will return.
However, what remains steadfast is the human spirit and its ability to soar during times of adversity. We are in awe of the heroes who have stepped up in countless ways during the coronavirus outbreak. Every day they face uncertain risks and challenges as they provide essential and lifesaving services, offer support, and help improve others’ lives.
These heroes work tirelessly on the frontlines and behind the scenes. They administer health care, provide and prepare food, pick up our trash, educate our children, sell essentials, clean our hospitals, and help care for vulnerable populations.
These COVID heroes have amazed us in all the ways they are making a positive impact, inspiring others and keeping our communities safe.
We want to thank and recognize them – with your help.
Let’s celebrate YOUR heroes.
Chaikin, Sherman, Cammarata & Siegel, P.C. is proud to sponsor the #MyCovidHeroDC campaign to shine the spotlight on COVID heroes while also supporting local charities that serve our communities.
A hero can be a friend, relative, colleague or stranger — anyone who has gone the extra mile for others, such as a …
- restaurant owner delivering meals to vulnerable customers.
- single mom working from home while homeschooling her two kids.
- teacher making home visits to at-risk students.
- doctor spending 12-hour days in a hospital or clinic.
- shelter employee taking care of homeless or displaced pets.
- neighbor checking in daily on an elderly couple.
- social worker making home visits to vulnerable children.
- high schooler mowing lawns in the neighborhood.
- seamstress spending her days making masks for frontline workers.
- delivery driver dropping off essential supplies to a family of six.
Tell us about your COVID Hero by sharing a photo or short video, and we will make a donation to local charities that are doing an incredible job of providing essential services and care through the pandemic. For every #MyCovidHeroDC submission through Monday, June 8, we will donate $25 to one of the charities below – that you choose. The more submissions we receive for each charity, the more donations they will receive!
Participating is easy!
- Take a photo or record a video (1 minute or less) telling us about your “My COVID Hero” nominee. Be sure to include your hero’s first name and why you believe your nominee is a COVID hero. If possible, we would love to see your hero in action!
- Share your photo or video on Facebook or Twitter and tag @CSCSLaw along with the charity you wish to support so that we can track entries and determine how we will distribute the $20,000 donation. Participating charities and their social media handles are listed below. For each submission, our firm will donate $25 to the approved charity of your choice.
- If you want to share your nomination with everyone, also use the hashtag #MyCovidHeroDC.
We value the mission of these local charities that are caring through the crisis.
Capital Area Food Bank
The Capital Food Bank is the anchor of the hunger relief infrastructure in our region, providing more than 30 million meals to people in communities across DC, Maryland and Virginia. The organization continues to serve neighbors who are food insecure during these uncertain times.
Food & Friends
Facebook & Twitter @foodandfriends
Food & Friends helps improve the lives and health of people with HIV/AIDS, cancer and other serious illnesses. The need for home-delivered, medically tailored meals has significantly grown during the pandemic. Medical providers are referring more seriously ill patients to this charity so that patients – and their caretakers – don’t have to further risk their lives by leaving their homes.
House of Ruth
House of Ruth empowers women, children and families to rebuild their lives and heal from trauma, abuse and homelessness.
Facebook & Twitter @marthastableorg
Martha’s Table works to support strong children, families and communities by increasing access to quality education programs, healthy food and family support. Since the crisis, they’ve had a 400% increase in the number of neighbors needing access to food and other resources.
Facebook & Twitter @miriamskitchen
Miriam’s Kitchen’s mission is to end chronic homelessness in DC with the values of dignity, belonging and change. Guests experiencing homelessness depend on the kindness of others. Unfortunately, many of the places they have been able to turn to — to get a good meal, wash their hands, use the restroom and access critical care — have been forced to shut down during the pandemic.
United Way of National Capital Area
United Way of National Capital Area has reactivated its Emergency Assistance Fund to promote the health, education and financial stability of our community. This is especially important for residents who have or will be impacted by restrictions and closures of schools, businesses, and community institutions designed to slow the spread of the virus.
About Chaikin, Sherman, Cammarata & Siegel, P.C.
Chaikin, Sherman, Cammarata & Siegel, P.C. is a personal injury law firm that has been helping injured victims and families throughout the Washington DC metro area for more than 50 years. Our legal team is passionate about helping clients put their lives together after suffering injuries in preventable accidents.