The Law Offices of Chaikin and Sherman, P.C.
Toll Free -
Phone - 202.659.8600
Fax - 202.659.8680
Washington DC Medical Malpractice Lawyers
Washington, DC, Maryland, & Virginia
We trust doctors. We trust them to know how to diagnose our symptoms. We trust them to know how to perform the appropriate surgical procedure to alleviate our pain and suffering. When that bond of trust is broken due to medical malpractice or negligence, we suffer more than just physical injury. The emotional trauma is just as injurious.
Medical malpractice laws have been created to protect patients' rights to receive compensation if medical negligence is the cause of a serious injury.
More serious medical malpractice and negligence claims can include:
- Failure to diagnose cancer or other diseases
- Failure to properly treat
- Misuse of prescription drugs
- Failure to perform correct surgical procedures
- Failure to administer anesthesia accurately
- Responsible Parties in Birth Injury
- Medical Errors Resulting in Death
- Fatal Emergency Room Errors
Although medical practitioners must be held accountable for any negligence or malpractice committed, medical malpractice suits are typically complex and can be costly to win. The experienced medical malpractice lawyers at Chaikin, Sherman, Cammarata & Siegel, P.C. understand this and will work hard to get you the compensation you deserve.
- Frequently Asked Medical Malpractice Questions
- Insurance Companies in Medical Malpractice Cases
- Types of Serious Medical Malpractice Claims
- Recognizing Signs of Medical Malpractice
- Res Ipsa Loquitur in Medical Malpractice
Recent Medical Malpractice Settlements
- In excess of $5 million lump sum payment obtained on behalf of a 14 year old client as a result of a failed embolization of an arterial-venous malformation in her brain, causing profound permanent brain damage.
- $600,000.00 obtained as a result of a doctor's failure to diagnose prostate cancer. As a result of the delayed diagnosis, the cancer spread outside the prostate, eliminating our client's ability to have surgery to remove the cancer. Instead, our client had to undergo hormone therapy followed by radiation therapy, causing unnecessary side effects. Client survived and is doing well.
- $500,000.00 obtained on behalf of the parents of an infant who suffered a brachial plexus injury at birth.
If you believe you or a loved one has been injured due to medical malpractice or medical negligence, please email or call our experienced medical malpractice lawyers to review your case. We are committed to obtaining justice for you - the victim.