In a previous blog, we discussed some of the factors that make trucking accidents challenging legal endeavors. These cases usually involve large corporate wrongdoers who usually dispute these claims, even if they are clearly at fault. In addition, the trucking industry has many safety regulations which these companies must follow, and knowledge regarding these regulations is crucial to successful representation in a trucking case. There is also a potential for serious injuries and extensive damages. Thus, a truck accident case demands attention from a skilled personal injury lawyer – and selecting the right one can make all the difference.
The attorney selection process is one of the most important parts of a personal injury case, especially when commercial trucks and tractor-trailers are involved. With challenging legal issues and a need for compensation to cover what are often serious, life-long injuries, it is important to select the right attorney, and you need to be certain they have the right tools and resources.
At Chaikin, Sherman, Cammarata & Siegel, P.C., our personal injury attorneys have been helping victims throughout Washington, DC, Maryland, and Virginia after they suffered injuries in preventable truck accidents for over 45 years. We believe our decades of combined experience, resources, and proven record of success in recovering hundreds of millions of dollars in compensation for clients speaks for itself. However, we want to help victims and families better understand the factors they should be looking for in an attorney when they need one most.
Here are five important things to look for in a truck accident attorney:
- Experience – Experience may not always be a strong indicator of an attorney’s skills, which is why it is important to delve further than the amount of years a lawyer has been practicing law. When evaluating the experience of a potential lawyer or law firm, you want to be sure they have dedicated time to the area of law applicable to your case. This means you want personal injury lawyers, and you want to be careful of lawyers who may split their focus among other practice areas and rarely handle injury cases. At CSCS, we are dedicated solely to protecting the rights of the injured and the wronged. Our 90+ years of experience also entails the versatility needed to secure positive resolutions through settlements and verdicts, tackle challenging issues of liability and coverage, and handle cases with the highest stakes, including those involving catastrophic injuries or wrongful death.
- Truck Accident Experience – Again, experience can be deceiving. Just because an attorney has years of experience or practices only personal injury does not mean they have experience working the type of case you have. With the many challenging aspects inherent to truck accident cases and the fact that large trucking and insurance companies will often fight claims, you want a legal representative who has hands-on experience working with issues unique to truck accidents. At CSCS, we know how to handle challenging issues, level the playing field with corporations that want to pay as little as possible, and hold at-fault truck drivers and trucking companies accountable for a range of negligent, careless, and wrongful acts.
- Resources – Trucking companies and their commercial insurance providers have a financial interest in avoiding liability and payouts to victims. Because of this, they will leverage their assets to avoid paying as much as they can. This makes it critical you work with a law firm that has the resources needed to fund thorough investigations, hire and work with experts, and take a case to trial when necessary. Our legal team has been able to secure full and fair recoveries on behalf of our clients throughout the years in part because we are able to leverage our resources and put clients on par with powerful corporations that put profits ahead of people.
- Reputation – A lawyer’s reputation among the local and legal communities can provide insight into how they not only use their legal abilities to resolve cases, but also how they treat those they represent. This is why it is also important to evaluate how legal peers, former clients, and local communities regard a lawyer and their firm. Our attorneys at CSCS have earned national recognition for their abilities as personal injury lawyers, and have received a number of professional awards and accolades that demonstrate their professional excellence and focus on client satisfaction. The positive reputation we have cultivated over the years is due to our tireless work ethic and unwavering commitment to clients, and it is why former clients continually recommend our firm to others in need.
- Record of Success – While cases are always unique and past results don’t indicate future success, a lawyer’s record of success can serve as evidence of their ability to handle effectively handle and positively resolve cases, including cases similar to yours. At CSCS, we have recovered more than $250 million in compensation for victims and families. Our case results also make it clear that we have a proven record of success representing truck accident victims.
Chaikin, Sherman, Cammarata & Siegel, P.C. has the experience, resources, and commitment needed to succeed in even the most difficult truck accident cases. If you or someone you love has recently been harmed in a wreck involved a commercial truck or tractor-trailer, we encourage you to discuss your case personally with a member of our legal team and learn more about how we can help fight for the compensation you deserve.
For a FREE consultation, contact us today.