The Law Offices of Chaikin and Sherman, P.C.
Toll Free -
Phone - 202.659.8600
Fax - 202.659.8680
Types of Car Accidents
Washington DC, Maryland, and Virginia
Every ten seconds, a car accident occurs in the United States. Although any combination of factors can lead to an accident, the specific type of car accident you were involved in can dictate the injuries you suffer, the losses you endure, and the ultimate outcome of your claim as a whole.
Common Collision Types
Most car accidents fall into the following categories:
- Head-on collisions – The impact of a head-on collision can cause devastating and often fatal injuries, including traumatic brain injury (TBI) and spinal cord injury.
- Rear-end collisions – Rear-end car accidents account for more than 30% of all reported collisions, often resulting in whiplash and TBI. This also includes rear-end accidents with trucks.
- Rollover accidents – Approximately 95% of all rollover car accidents are single-vehicle collisions, caused when a car strikes a curb, guardrail, or soft sholder and begins to “trip,” triggering a rollover. Defective vehicle parts or vehicle design can contribute to rollovers.
- Sideswipes – RVs, commercial trucks, and other vehicles with limited visibility are more likely to sideswipe other vehicles. Passengers are in the most danger from these type of accidents.
- T-bone accidents – When a car’s front end strikes the side of another vehicle, drivers and passengers commonly suffer hip injuries and back injuries.
If one of your loved ones has died in a car accident in Maryland, Washington DC, or Virginia, our experienced wrongful death lawyers can help you file a claim.
Experienced Car Accident Lawyers
Car accident claims are often more complex than they seem at first glance. Many important details about the circumstances of an accident go unnoticed, even by the drivers who were involved. Before you accept a settlement from an insurance company, make sure you know what your personal injury claim is really worth.
Our experienced car accident lawyers at Chaikin, Sherman, Cammarata & Siegel, P.C. can perform a full investigation of your accident. While you concentrate on recovering from your injuries, we can take up the task of negotiating with insurance companies, collecting statements from witnesses, and pursuing the compensation you need.
Contact us today to schedule a free initial consultation with our personal injury lawyers. Our firm represents car accident victims throughout Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC