The Law Offices of Chaikin and Sherman, P.C.
Toll Free -
Phone - 202.659.8600
Fax - 202.659.8680
Washington, DC, Virginia & Maryland Truck Accident Attorneys
Tractor-trailers, or semi-trucks, carrying goods to consumers are a common site on our nations' highways. Unfortunately, many of these tractor-trailer trucks are involved in accidents, just as often, tractor-trailer truck accidents involve other motor vehicles. Being involved in an accident with a vehicle that can weigh several tons is extremely frightening and dangerous, and the truck accident attorneys at Chaikin, Sherman, Cammarata & Siegel, P.C. can help!
Semi - trucks are involved in thousands of truck accidents every year. Due to the tremendous size and weight of these vehicles, they create enormous energy as they travel at high speeds. As a result, collisions that involve tractor-trailers often cause serious injuries or fatalities to people in smaller passenger vehicles.
Contributing factors in semi - truck accidents include:
- Driver fatigue
- Aggressive driving
- Unrealistic schedules
- Inadequate maintenance
- Over loading
- Failing brakes
- Over or under inflated tires
- Defective Roadways
Victims in tractor-trailer truck accidents need to concentrate on themselves and not worry about getting all the trucking company information, the driver and owner information, and the insurance company information. That is what the experienced Washington DC, Maryland and Virginia truck accident attorneys at Chaikin, Sherman, Cammarata & Siegel, P.C. are here for. We know how to handle the details so you can concentrate on recovering from your injuries.
Learn more about Tractor Trailer Accidents:
- Frequently Asked Truck Accident Questions
- Garbage Truck Accidents
- What To Do If You Are Involved In a Truck Accident
- Truck Accidents: Extra Wide Loads
- Truck Accident Overview
Recent Tractor-Trailer and Large Truck Accident Settlements
- $5.4 million expected lifetime payout obtained on behalf of a child severely injured when a tractor-trailer made a left turn in front of the vehicle in which she was a passenger.
- $3 million obtained by a woman who lost her leg from the knee down as a result of a collision with a utility truck that struck her vehicle head on after the truck was rear-ended.
- $2.4 million obtained on behalf of a pedestrian struck by a truck while she was walking in the crosswalk. The client sustained a brain injury.
- $1.75 million obtained on behalf of an 80 year old pastor of a community church who was in a car that was struck head-on by a truck that crossed the center line.
- $750,000.00 on behalf of a 54 year old woman who lost a portion of her arm when a tractor-trailer sideswiped her car, as she was returning from Ocean City, Maryland. She received the maximum compensation allowed, at that time, for pain and suffering in the State of Maryland.
- $600,000.00 on behalf of a woman whose vehicle was struck in the rear by a beverage truck. The client suffered a herniated disk in her neck but she had not had the suggested surgery performed at the time of the trial. This was the largest verdict rendered at the time in the Superior Court for the District of Columbia for an unoperated herniated disc.
- $600,000.00 obtained against the United States Postal Service as a result of the negligence of one of its truck drivers, who pulled out from a stop side in front of our client's motorcycle. Our client suffered multiple fractures and third degree burns to his left lower extremity.
- $450,000.00 verdict by United States District Court Judge Thomas Penfield Jackson to a man who suffered back and knee injuries after his van was struck in the rear by a United States Postal Service truck.
- $400,000.00 obtained on behalf of a man involved in a tractor-trailer underride case. The tractor-trailer was blocking the travel portion of the roadway when the client's car went underneath it, removing the entire roof of the car and causing the client to suffer head injuries.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a tractor-trailer truck accident in Washington DC, Virginia or Maryland , please email or call our committed truck accident attorneys today. We are focused on obtaining justice for you - the victim.