The Law Offices of Chaikin and Sherman, P.C.
Toll Free -
Phone - 202.659.8600
Fax - 202.659.8680
Serious Personal Injury Lawyers
Washington, DC, Maryland, & Virginia
The experienced personal injury lawyers at Chaikin, Sherman, Cammarata & Siegel, P.C. have been handling serious personal injury claims since 1965.
As personal injury lawyers, we help people obtain compensation for the harm done to them by the wrongdoing of others. There are many types of personal injuries and each situation presents a unique set of facts which must be carefully analyzed. We can assist you in determining whether you have a claim, and if so, identify the responsible parties and the compensation to which you are entitled. Personal injury claims can arise out of the following which are some of the focal areas of our practice:
- Auto Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
- Brain Injury
- Medical Malpractice
- Tractor-Trailer Accidents
- Wrongful Death
- Police Brutality
- Consumer Fraud
- Defective Products
- Bad Faith Insurance
- Terrorism Injuries
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Bus Accidents
- Slip and Fall Accidents
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Burn Injury
- Daycare Injuries
- Negligent Supervision of a Child
Remember that it is best to seek advice soon after an injury so as to preserve evidence and to assure that you meet any legal deadlines, which if missed, could prevent you from obtaining compensation.
It is difficult enough to deal with injuries sustained from any of these situations. Let the skilled serious personal injury lawyers at Chaikin, Sherman, Cammarata & Siegel, P.C. handle the legal issues for you. We work hard to get our clients the compensation they deserve.
Recent Serious Personal Injury Settlements
- $15 million award for a passenger in a vehicle who was permanently paralyzed from the neck down when a bullet intended for the driver of her vehicle hit her instead. The driver's disgruntled ex-boyfriend chased down the car in which our client was a passenger, ran it off the road, and then shot and killed the driver.
- In excess of $5 million lump sum payment obtained on behalf of a 14 year old client as a result of a failed embolization of an arterial-venous malformation in her brain, causing profound permanent brain damage.
- $5.4 million expected lifetime payout obtained on behalf of a child severely injured when a tractor-trailer made a left turn in front of the vehicle in which she was a passenger.
- $3 million obtained by a woman who lost her leg from the knee down as a result of a collision with a utility truck that struck her vehicle head on after the truck was rear-ended.
- $2.4 million obtained on behalf of a pedestrian struck by a truck while she was walking in the crosswalk. The client sustained a brain injury.
- In excess of $2 million obtained on behalf of 9 claimants against the District of Columbia and its contractors resulting from the negligent care of developmentally disabled wards of the District of Columbia.
- $2 million obtained on behalf of a United States Government worker who was struck in crosswalk by a van, causing a brain injury.
- $1.8 million obtained on behalf of an already paralyzed stroke victim, against a wheelchair transport company which dropped him on his head from the van onto the sidewalk when transporting him from physical therapy to his home.
- $1.75 million obtained on behalf of an 80 year old pastor of a community church who was in a car that was struck head-on by a truck that crossed the center line.
- In excess of $1.6 million awarded to a man who had his jaw broken as a result of being punched in the face by a professional boxer.
If you or a loved one has suffered a serious personal injury in Maryland, Virginia or Washington DC, please email or call the experienced personal injury lawyers at Chaikin, Sherman, Cammarata & Siegel, P.C. today. We will examine your case at no cost. We are committed to obtaining justice for you - the victim.