The Law Offices of Chaikin and Sherman, P.C.
Toll Free -
Phone - 202.659.8600
Fax - 202.659.8680
Washington, DC, Maryland & Virginia
Auto accidents are over in a matter of seconds, but the consequences can stay with victims for the rest of their lives. A serious auto accident injury may make it impossible for you to work the same job you had before, and the cost of current and future medical care can be an overwhelming financial burden well into the future.
When a negligent driver causes an auto accident that leaves you seriously injured, car insurance companies are rarely willing to pay you the true value of your injury claim. Our experienced auto accident attorneys at Chaikin, Sherman, Cammarata & Siegel, P.C. have over 40 years of experience helping victims like you effectively negotiate for their right to fair compensation.
If you have been injured in an auto accident because of someone else’s negligence, focus on recovering while we focus on your case. Please contact Chaikin, Sherman, Cammarata & Siegel, P.C. today to schedule a free case evaluation.
Auto Accident Injuries
Types of Auto Accidents
- Rear-End Accidents
- Rollover Accidents
- Bus Accidents
- School Bus Accidents
- Car and Motorcycle Accidents
- Deadly Automobile Accidents
- Child Pedestrian Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents Caused by Reckless Drivers
- DUI Accidents
Factors and Causes of Accidents
- Road Trip Safety: Preventing Car Accidents
- Toyota Defects and Injuries
- Deadly Defective Vehicles
- Drunk Driving and the Holidays
- Staying Safe on Icy Roads
- Defective Roadways
- Brain Reaction Time and Traffic Accidents
- Texting While Driving
- Cell Phones and Car Accidents
- Speeding and Car Accidents
Insurance Issues and Accidents
- Uninsured and Underinsured Motorists
- Should I Speak to the Other Party's Insurance Company?
- Senior Citizens and Car Accidents
- Car Accidents: Defensive Driving
Common Accident Locations
- Maryland Beltway and Washington, DC Beltway Accidents
- Construction Zone Auto Accidents
- Car Accidents in Parking Lots
Recent Automobile Accident Settlements
- $15 million award for a passenger in a vehicle who was permanently paralyzed, from the neck down when a bullet intended for the driver of her vehicle hit her instead. The driver's disgruntled ex-boyfriend chased down the car in which our client was a passenger, ran it off the road, and then shot and killed the driver.
- $2.4 million obtained on behalf of a United States Government worker who was struck in crosswalk by a van, causing a brain injury.
- $750,000.00 on behalf of an endodontist who was operating a motor vehicle that was broadsided by a van that went through a red light. The client suffered an injury to her neck and weakness of her dominant hand, resulting in the loss of earning capacity.
- $675,000.00 obtained for a woman who was a passenger in car whose driver lost control of the car and crashed into a tree. The woman fractured her pelvis and arm.
- $600,000.00 obtained against the United States Postal Service as a result of the negligence of one of its drivers, who pulled out from a stop sign in front of our client's motorcycle. Our client suffered multiple fractures and third degree burns to his left lower extremity.
- $500,000.00 obtained on behalf of a passenger in a bus who suffered a herniated disk when the bus driver fell asleep at the wheel, crossed the center line and struck another car. The client required cervical laminectomy and fusion surgery.
- $500,000.00 obtained for a woman who fractured her leg after being hit head-on by a negligent driver. This was the maximum insurance coverage available.
- $450,000.00 verdict issued by United States District Court Judge Thomas Penfield Jackson to a man who suffered back and knee injuries after his van was struck in the rear by a United States Postal Service truck.
- $230,000.00 awarded to a woman who suffered a neck injury with tingling in her arm after her car was rear-ended by a negligent driver.
- $225,000.00 award for a woman who suffered a broken arm and a broken foot as a result of a head-on collision.
- $220,000.00 on behalf of a woman who suffered a knee injury in an automobile collision. The car accident client required arthroscopic surgery to repair the knee.