Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyer in Washington, DC
Traumatic brain injury (TBI) refers to any damage to the brain caused by external forces. No visible injury is necessary and, in many cases, effects on the brain injury may not be apparent until days, weeks, or months after the accident. It is not necessary to have hit your head and you do not need to have lost consciousness to have suffered a brain injury. There are many different types of brain injuries and they can range considerably in severity. Common side effects are:
- Memory loss
- Difficulty concentration, speaking, or multitasking
- Blurred or double vision
- Change in personality
- Dizziness, disorientation, nausea, and vomiting
- Severe headaches
- Ringing in the ears
TBI can profoundly impact victims' well-beings, as well as the lives of their loved ones. Although TBI is often caused during accidents involving blunt force trauma – including auto accidents, slip and falls, and sports injuries – any situation that results in head trauma should be taken seriously. According to the Brain Injury Association of America, more than 1.5 million people sustain a traumatic brain injury every year. Just as frightening is the fact that at least 50,000 of those people will die from their brain injury while another 80,000 will be left with long-term disabilities.
We are Well-Qualified to Handle Brain Injury Cases
Two of our partners are founders of the Brain Injury Association of Metropolitan Washington, DC. Additionally, one member of our team is the current vice president. With our extensive brain injury experience, you can be confident that this is an area for which we are truly passionate. Whatever your particular case may consist of, we are here to help you obtain justice.
Our legal team has proven that we have the tools, resources, and unwavering dedication to support victims and families through these tough times. Although we have been recognized for our professional abilities and skills as successful trial lawyers, our greatest reward is helping others.
If you or your loved one has suffered a traumatic brain injury, then please do not hesitate to schedule a free consultation with a member of our legal team to discuss your claim and your needs. When you make the choice to work with our firm, you can be sure that we will supply the information, support, and exceptional representation needed to fight for the best possible resolution. Fill out a free case evaluation form or call (202) 644-8303 for a free consultation.
Recent Brain Injury Settlements
- In excess of $5 million lump sum payment obtained on behalf of a 14 year old client as a result of a failed embolization of an arterial-venous malformation in her brain, causing profound permanent brain damage.
- $2.4 million obtained on behalf of a woman who suffered a brain injury as a result of being struck in a crosswalk.
- $1.8 million obtained on behalf of an already paralyzed stroke victim, against a wheelchair transport company which dropped him on his head from the van onto the sidewalk when transporting him from physical therapy to his home.
- $950,000.00 obtained on behalf of a man who was struck on the head by a hotel security guard causing permanent brain damage.
- $450,000.00 on behalf of minor child provided ten times the prescribed amount of anti-seizure medication by a local pharmacy resulting in permanent brain injury.
- $250,000.00 on behalf of a woman who suffered a brain injury when she was struck by a car while crossing the street.
- $250,000.00 obtained on behalf of a man who was struck on the head four times with a steel baton, by a security guard, causing a brain injury.
- $220,000.00 on behalf of a woman who suffered a brain injury when a wooden "FOR LEASE" sign fell off a building from two stories above, and struck her on the head while she was walking on the sidewalk.